“Flavours of north Sweden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cook's Krog

Cook's Krog
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Lulea
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lulea, Sweden
“Flavours of north Sweden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you would like to try really unique nice flavours of the north Sweden go here. service is excellent, wine is divined and the food is gorgeous!!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank fridaSweden

• Polish first
Luleå, Sweden
“Very expensive, but the food was to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

Went there for a special meal in February, while on a visit to my boyfriend in Sweden. On entering the restaurant, I noticed that it was very low lighting, and quite intimate, and it was full of wood beams and nice white tablecloths. A very cosy atmosphere. Though I did think it was odd that for such an expensive restaurant, customers were made to hang up their own coats in the cloakroom area!
We were seated quickly, and met our waiter, Jonas, who was very friendly, and helped me out with my Swedish. We didn't bother with starters, and quickly ordered our main courses, which we had actually decided on before we left the house, when looking at the restaurant's website.
We both had steak. This came with a nice jus, roasted red onion, and a root vegetable cake thingy. It was also meant to be accompanied by beetroot, but as neither of us like beetroot, we asked if they would just give us extra root vegetable cake, which they happily did. There was also a kind of garlic creme, which was lovely.
I was slightly disappointed with the portion size of the meat-I felt it was very small for the price. There was also a little fat on it which I had to cut off. However, the taste of what there was, was delicious, and we were very glad indeed that we had asked for extra root vegetables, as they were simply divine.
The food took a long time to come, however I guess that proves it is cooked fresh to order! It was certainly worth waiting for!
I don't think my partner ate a desseert, but I had a lovely creme brulee, which was accompanied by blueberry sorbet, and little pieces of assorted fruits, strawberry, kiwi, & cape gooseberry, I think it was.
We then had coffee.
Altogether the bill for 2 of us was around 100 GBP (just over 1000 SEK).
We left very happy & full, and will definitely go back!

2 Thank JuliePotts