“OUR NEW LOCAL (We live 40 mins away)”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Denstone
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 16Th Centuary Village Pub and Restaurant in the very pretty village of Denstone 10mins from Alton Towers , 30 mins from the Peak District . Serving quality , local produce, Real Ales, Fine Wines , Real Wood Fired Pizzas at Weekends .
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“OUR NEW LOCAL (We live 40 mins away)”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the most perfect pub I have ever had the pleasure of visiting! After an awful visit to The White Hart earlier in the evening we were disheartened by our drive out to find a quality pub, when we landed upon the most Christmassy knoll I have ever seen! It was like going into the Woolpack from Emmerdale and had the charm and warmth of a local boozer but with the class and elegance of a Michelin starred restaurant.

The staff were amazing, the drinkers were charming and polite. The beer was nice and the prices were suitable.

If I was a drinker then we would happily pay the £80 return fare for a taxi too and from this pub!!

We were given free pizza and after thanking the landlord for his hospitality, he bought us all a drink and made us feel so welcome that we all exchanged details and are arranging an evening to come back!

If you want a positive review from someone who is quite picky, you have one here!! A stunning place with a heart of gold!

1 Thank John M
Rocky B, Owner at The Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Wow what a stunning review thank from us all ! But I hope I don't look like Amos Brealey ! Old landlord of the " Woolpack Inn" in Emmerdale ??? glad you enjoyed our Wood fired pizza , it was a most enjoyable night and a pleasure meeting you all....coming in as customers and like so many leaving as friends as should be. See you soon let's hope ... Chris

“First time visitors won't be the last.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the 13th November 2013. Very pleasant waiter, although he was very busy, he was attentive when he took our orders. I had sirloin with red cabbage and dauphinoise potato, which wasn't strictly a menu item, usually comes with Belly pork, but he was perfectly happy for me and rest of our party to change items. Other meals ordered were the ribeye, fillet, and haddock and chips which was very elegantly served in a silver basket with paper. Portion sizes aren't huge, but perfectly adequate. The quality of all our food was excellent, particularly my creme brulee which was one of the nicest I've ever had. We shall be visiting again soon, as we are all fairly local.

Rocky B, Owner at The Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you Jo for your review . We are glad that you enjoyed your meals with us and pleased to say it was no problem at all to change your meal a little as all food is cooked fresh . Glad to here you also enjoyed your Creme Brûlée ( my favourite ! ) try the Raspberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake next time !!! Delish !! See you soooon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hosts”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hi
We stayed in Denstone for 2 nites so we could go to Alton Towers. I found the pub via google and liked the look of the pictures and the reviews.......I was not disappointed. It was a very warm, friendly and traditional country pub just what we were looking for with great food and at reasonable prices.Nothing negative about our experience there. We enjoyed our first nite dining there so much we came back again for our 2nd nite despite being booking into a restaurant elsewhere. The staff were all very friendly, courteous, service good and they made us feel very welcome in their little community. Thoroughly recommended !

• Visited November 2013
Rocky B, Owner at The Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review, and its great that you enjoyed both nights with us and your stay in Denstone . Our pub is kept very traditional on purpose as we feel so many pubs have been lost to minimalisation !! Most people love the atmosphere that we have in the Tavern ..thank you.
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat if you are staying near Alton Towers”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Busy restaurant room/conservatory which is always a good sign. it was a good job we booked. Service was friendly and quick. Everything was well presented, tasty and plentiful. I has a proper pie which you just can't beat and the Marston's beer was as good a beer as I've had in ages. Kids were all really pleased with what they had ordered which basically means the menu told you exactly what you would get and when it arrived nothing disappointed. Steaks were done exactly right. There were no pretentious to be anything other than a really good pub, and this is a really good pub.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard M
Rocky B, Owner at The Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, great news to here that you enjoyed your visit to The Tavern. We do take pride in what we do and what we serve ! Our pies are so popular ( my favourite !!) full of flavour and rich gravy, our steaks are from our local high quality butcher .we look forward to welcoming you again soon ! Our thanks..... Chris.
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Pub”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This pub is how I wish all pubs were. Friendly with fabulous food. I've eaten here a few times and the food is always brilliant. Locally sourced ingredients, knowledgable staff and a unpretentious menu. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Elrowley
Rocky B, Owner at The Tavern, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, the whole team are so happy you enjoyed your time with us, we do try to keep the balance right with a good atmosphere , welcoming surroundings and good quality locally sourced food ! And a warm welcome for locals and new customers alike ! Look forward to seeing you again soon ... Chris