“Breathtaking and emotional”

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Carrick
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't miss your opportunity to visit one of Ireland's best kept secrets and a signature point on the Wild Atlantic Way. Located in south west Donegal along this magnificent costal driving route are Ireland's highest Sea Cliffs, Sliabh Liag. A visit to the cliffs and the surrounding region is a must on your Wild Atlantic Way adventure. Experience the local culture, heritage and people of Donegal against the backdrop of our spectacular and rugged coastline.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Breathtaking and emotional”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My great-grandmother came from the area in 1887 and I brought my family along to see and get a feel for Mother Ireland, as she called it. We didn't have to hike as there were mini vans to take us up most of the way. When we got to the viewing platform, after a brief description, we were free to continue up as high as we liked on foot. What a beautiful sight to behold.
This was one of my favorite memories from a 9 day tour. We've been to the cliffs of Mohr, and as they, too, are beautiful, this is just so pristine and rural. I felt like I went back in time and I was looking out at the same scene my great-grandmother had looked out on. However, not for the faint of heart or those not sure-footed.

Visited April 2014

• Polish first
Mullingar
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visiting the highest cliffs in Europe was a sight to behold on the Nuala Star boat trip. Based at Teelin Pier you are met by a couple of characters only too happy to bring you out. It is such a rural beautiful and unspoilt area of Ireland. Wrap up warm as it is breezy and choppy! Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“The edge of the world”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been here twice, the first time we took the route up from the front along the cliff edge but rather than going this way I would recommend going from inside the cliff. The wow factor when you complete the climb and get the view out over the ocean is truly wonderful

Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great place and cafe”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The site is great. Walk down to the beach, where the climate is totally different from the car park. No wind and about 5C warmer. The ViIllage Cafe and Takeaway in yhe nearest town, across from the church has the BEST homemade brown pread in Ireland!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank John_H56003
Savannah, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“"Amazingly Majestic"”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

There are times when words do not exist to adequately describe a place. Slieve League is one of those places! From having to open and close the gate to access the heart-stopping drive to the cliffs, to the breathtaking scenery along the way, Slieve League is more than worth the time to see! Once at the top, take a deep breath and wonder at this dramatic site where ocean meets cliffs in such a stunning way! My husband and I couldn't seem to break away so we simply sat in silence admiring this epitome of natural beauty!

Visited April 2014