“Excellent”
Review of The Coach House - CLOSED

The Coach House
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have just had the pleasure of afternoon tea at the Coach House, I rang before to see if I could reserve a table as I had my elderly mum with me,we arrived to find that the table next to the window was reserved for us. The food was lovely in a nice atmosphere, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Coach House is a superb little tea room, with fantastic home baking served promptly, on classy china. It is 'service with a smile' and a very helpful manner. We all had different tea to drink and different cakes / scones to eat, all were delicious. Elsdon, of course, is a delightful village in the most picturesque rural setting, steeped in history. All the more reason to keep going back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you are in the area and in particular if you have just walked or cycled nearby call in here for tea and cake - a warm reception awaits and between us we sampled 4 different cakes (there are more on offer) and all of them were OUSTANDING - home made and scruptious - a wonderful little find.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

In honesty, Elsdon is a small village with not a lot going on, but The Coach House is a real gem; run by a lovely couple who provide superb home cooked food and excellent service in a cosy location. Open all year but best to check on their website or phone them if you are making a special journey to go there; Usually closed Mondays. If you are en route to Otterburn, Jedburgh or even Edinburgh, turn off at Elsdon and visit the Coach House; you will not be disappointed. Rothbury, and the fantastic National Trust estate and house of `Cragside` is also easily reached from Elsdon. Parking available across the little bridge to the rear of the Coach House.

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed September 16, 2011

My family and I are regular visitors to the coach house. I am on a mission to try every type of Rita's delicious home baked cakes! Everything is home made and wonderful. Rita and Alan are very welcoming and will always try and have a chat with customers. There is the added bonus of the gallery rooms upstairs with art from local artists, cards, jewelry, and more besides. I recommend the Coach House to everyone.