Lowest prices for your stay
$123
$122
Hotels.com
$122
eDreams$123
CheapTickets$122
Priceline$131
All reviews hotel is located good size little bit lunch and dinner edge cathedral
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016

The hotel is set outside of Roskilde in a very pastoral and quiet setting. The rooms are tiny but that's not to say that they are inefficient. Our room had a lovely view over the fields of sheep, a window that opened, a table and two chairs and a suitable bathroom. The breakfast was acceptable but not up to the standard of others we've had in Denmark. There we're limited fruit choices and no pastries (come on...I'm in Europe!). Also, every window in the place was covered in spiders and webs, sometimes inside! However, this hotel has wonderful outside spaces, with many decks or patios with comfortable tables and chairs.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hanne A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Comwell Roskilde, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2016

Dear Guest.

Thank you for you review.

We are happy to see you have enjoyed the stay and view from the hotel.
We do have bigger rooms which you can upgrade to for 100 DKK.
Furthermore I am sorry for the spiderwebs, but due to our location and time of year, there is a lot of spiders, we do our best to remove them as soon as possible.

I will give the comments about the missed variety at the breakfast to our kitchen, we do try to meet the expectation of all our guests.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Rooms are modern and has aircon ( something you struggle to find in Denmark ). Only strange thing was the hotel is built in U shape, so if your curtains arent closed the whole time, everyone can see into your room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was included in the stay and was very nice, big variety. But it is served in the hall where there was 100+ people. It felt like a school cafeteria.

Room tip: As for a room with a view of the near by lake.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hanne A, Assistant Front Office Manager. at Comwell Roskilde, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are glad to hear you have enjoyed the rooms and breakfast.
Furthermore we thank you for your comment regarding you experience of the breakfast restaurant, we do our best to match the preferences of both business and leisure guest.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards, Michelle Stinne, Assistant Front Office Manager.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

The hotel is nicely situaited on the top of small hill close to the sea bay - if you're lucky and get a good room then could have a perfect view from the window!

Clean, tidy and very modern but the staff is excellent - extremely nicely and helpful. The breakfast are very good and tastey so that is why every time I visit the Copenhagen choose this if only available.

Room tip: ask for a great view for sea bay
Date of stay: March 2016

Dear Karol.

Thank you for you review.

We are happy to know you have enjoyed you stay here in Roskilde.
It is so great to hear you liked the location, breakfast and service during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you another time.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards, Michelle Stinne, Assistant Front Office Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

This hotel is in a quiet area of Roskilde, an easy 40 mins walk into town along the water or there is a half hourly bus or taxi. Some nice paths to walk or run in the evening and a supermarket within 10 mins walk along a quiet country path. Hotel is quiet and I was always amazed to see the breakfast room so busy because you didn't seem to see many people around. Lots of outdoor comfortable seating which is nice after a day indoors. The room was a good size with an outdoor seating area. My room didn't have heating/ac as I think that is only available in the more expensive rooms so I found the room a little cool but just put a sweater on. There is a sense of sparseness about the room and hotel - minimalist but everything you needed was provided e.g. No wardrobe but plenty of open hanging space. I found the wifi a little slow at times, probably because my room was at the farthest corner on the lower ground floor, but it always worked. I found all of the reception staff to be extremely pleasant and very helpful but I did find the restaurant staff at breakfast to be rather unapproachable. I asked if they had regular tea to simply be told 'no', they seemed to only have flavoured tea which was a little surprising. Breakfast was fine, a buffet with scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, yoghurt, fruit and a great variety of bread. As I said previously, each morning the breakfast room was very busy with obvious 'groups' so on 2 mornings there was no fruit left and it wasn't replaced during my 15 min stay. However, I would say that you could easily take your time and enjoy a good breakfast that would keep you going most of the day. I was staying at the hotel for business but would consider staying here again even if going to Copenhagen as there is a regular train service into the city and Roskilde is a nice area.

Room tip: I would probably choose a room where I could manage the temperature as I found it cool which made it a little less comfortable sometimes.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hanne A, Assistant Front Office Manager. at Comwell Roskilde, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to know you have enjoyed your stay here in Roskilde.

It is good to hear that you found the location, design and the staff in the reception satisfying, however i am sorry that the staff in the restaurant seemed unapproachable.
We will look into the experience you had with the WiFi. The speed of it should be the same in every location of the hotel.
There is heating in every room, but only ac in some rooms, so it is possible to turn up the heat in all rooms, i am sorry that you did not get this information while you were staying here.
We hope to welcome you another time.

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Went here to go to throw viking museum (30min walk, 5 min taxi ) absolutely lovely service, perfect room and very nature esque setting. Would totally recommend as a great day trip away from copengagen. (Food was great in town & good shopping if that's your thing) breakfast and WiFi were superb

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Hannah.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay,

We are happy to hear you have enjoyed you stay and the location of the hotel.
Futhermore that you found the breakfast and Wifi superb.

We hope to welcome you another time.