“A little slice of Italy ”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Helsingoer
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

From the outside the place seems closed and/or empty, but walk around the building to find their lovely courtyard - a courtyard that easily takes you to Italy.

The place is solely driven by and Italian family, and almost all of the talk around the restaurant is in Italian - so on a hot summer night this place will take you to Italy.

The menu is relatively simple and consist of good solid classic Italian dishes.

My appetizer (blue mussels in an safran sauce) was a little to salty for my taste - and I would have liked my lamb-chops red and not well done, but I was never given the choice.

But this is small mishaps for a night in Italy.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Good food and a pleasant environment.
The linguine alle vongole were superb as the rest of the meals. The service is great as usal! :) as i wrote before: we were here to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday now we are back with the family.
Thank you La dolce vita for the nice evening.

1  Thank nimica2
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Exelent food, great service and lovely setting. If you like italian this is the place to visit. Don't go if you are on a diet, the food is heavy, but very tasty. Great for a romantic evening. There is a private room for big partys. The restaurant is walking distance from the train station, and if you arrive by car, there is parking outside the restaurant.

2  Thank Gitte B
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Since our Christmas dinner at ”La Dolce Vita”( see my previous review) was such a success, I decided to take my husband there again for a surprise St. Valentine’s dinner. When I e-mailed the restaurant the owner, Oscar, wrote back that they were in the process of putting together a special 5-course dinner and would I like to book! Not knowing what we would be eating, I put my faith in the fantastic chef and booked a table for two.

Well at the restaurant, we were warmly and promptly greeted at the door by Bo and seated at the exact same table as before! (we loved that spot) The table was already laid with all the necessary glassware and cutlery and simply decorated with a red candle and beautiful white rose. When undecided about which prosecco to have with my meal, Bo arranged for me to taste two of different character and the choice was made. My husband chose an Italian beer this time because he was driving.

Then came the home-baked bread with a fruity olive oil served by Mariana, who also is one of the owners. We still didn’t know what was to come, but every time a dish was served the contents were explained and we could set in.

The five courses were:
Seared scallops with speck on a celeriac puré
Zuchini timbal with parma cream and a crispy polenta chip
Pasta(perfect!) with lobster ragu and wine reduction (I almost licked the plate)
Filet Mignon with the MOST DELICIOUS truffle sauce (buttery and tender!)
Mint-chocolate semifreddo with white chocolate mousse

As you can understand, we were totally and pleasantly surprised each time a dish was presented and even though the restaurant was full and buzzing with happy guests and Bo, Mariana and Oscar were moving around the dining rooms (two floors) like busy bees, we never had to wait and never felt stressed to finish and give up our spot.

Another lovely surprise was when Bo can back with a new, beautiful glass and filled it with ice-cold prosecco. Just watching the beautiful bubbles fill and chill the glass was a treat. So much so, that I had a third glass before the meal was over.

Of course, no establishment is totally perfect and one might ask if there was anything that I could find fault with and there was one very small thing that I could comment upon which was that when the semi freddo was served it was still well frozen. We had no problem with this at all since it was only a matter of waiting for a few minutes (and drinking more prosecco) until it had thawed enough to eat but it is perhaps something that the chef can remember in the future.

My final words are that this is a restaurant with a warm and friendly environment, fantastic, professional and service-minded staff, a chef whose food is to die for and I believe that when we go there the next time, I will not even bother ordering, but will let the chef make the decision so that my mind, eyes and palate will again experience the ultimate surprise!

2  Thank MissDRM
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This year we decided to skip the traditional Christmas smorgasbord and, instead go for a well-prepared, delicious Christmas menu at La Dolce Vita, an Italian restaurant in Helsingör, Denmark. It only takes a few minutes to walk from the train station, through town to this cozy gem and was well worth our while.

The 5-course, typically Italian Christmas menu was well-balanced and from beginning to end prepared with love and creativity. The food was bursting with flavor and each plate was a piece of art on its own. The portions were quite ample and by the time we reached our dessert, we were feeling full and satisfied, but when we laid eyes on the beautifully plated parfait, we knew that we would have to find enough room to squeeze that in too!

The service at the restaurant is EXCELLENT! Even though it was Saturday night and very busy and full of happy diners, our waiter, Frederik, took the time to describe all our courses and was very helpful in chosing the wine to accompany our dinner. He even allowed my husband to taste three different red wines to help him make his choice. Prosecco is one of my favorites and I had the opportunity to drink a charming and sparkling, fruity spumante as our welcome drink and after that went on to a dryer prosecco during my meal. The wine list offers many good choices to suit all purses. We also had the pleasure of being served by another waiter, Giuseppe, who was just as charming and helpful.

Thankfully, there was a brief wait between each course so that we had time to relax, converse and digest a bit before the next course came. As we looked around the dining room we saw other
à la carte entrées brought out to other guests and believe me, I would have liked to have ordered them all!

It is very seldom that one comes across an authentic Italian restaurant, with the perfect homey italian atmosphere and be able to hear the Italian language being spoken within the walls. It truly adds to the ambience of the dining experience and believe me, we will be back as soon as possible for another taste of Italy!

Thank you all at La Dolce Vita for making our Christmas dinner a special memory!

2  Thank MissDRM