“Loved it”

Biscaya Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Biscaya Tapas Bar in Copenhagen is inspired by the stormy bay between France and the northern part of Spain. Located close to Rådhuspladsen, Copenhagen's central main square, it serves a wide range of freshly prepared tapas varying from day to day, depending on the season, on a continually renewed menu. Biscaya Tapas Bar also serves other modern and traditional Spanish dishes, all prepared by the Spanish chef and full of Spanish flavour. Finally, Biscaya Tapas Bar is also a wine bar, with a selection featuring over 50 different Spanish vineyards.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hola!! I just love tapas. I am a 'grazer' not a big meal fan and this really suited me. Really friendly staff and fast service. Just what you want when you are on a weekend or short break and eating has to take place between tourist attraction visits. Can't rate this place highly enough

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I would not recommend Biscaya Tapa Bar at all.
My boyfriend invited me to Støget and the city square for a great evening out followed by a lovely meal and a trip to the cinema.

However, after taking a while to research most of the many restaurants in this part of town,
we decided to eat at Biscays Tapas Bar,

Nice atmosphere, nice location, busy.. until seated ...we started to get the impression we had come to the wrong place... as the attitude of the waiters was very poor - asking questions about the menu seemed to be a struggle for the waiter to answer ..he seemed uncomfortable answering...questions regarding their wine, water and food..it felt weird repeating the questions regarding their wine list so we ordered half a bottle of white wine... which was stale, that's the first ive had such bad wine in a restaurant. Shocking! our complicates fell on deaf ears and came with attitude. Great start! .

Once the food had arrived 5 small dishes, one cold chips smothered in tomato sauce, cold meat balls, i or my boyfriend could have made better, Some cold bread smothered in tomato, prawns in some chill and some artichokes weren't bad but this has to be the worst Tapas bar i have EVER been to, very disappointed! food was tasteless!!, flat!, bread tasted stale! and hard!. I am not one to complain but this place nearly put me right off my night out.

For the amount we Spent i think this place has a lot to work on...we left abruptly feeling hungry and unsatisfied to head... only over to the Indian Taj Restaurant directly opposite this restaurant, had we had noticed it before, we would have never wasted our time here.
We only had time for a starters,as we were booked for the cinema, after relaying this to our waiter he quickly had us seated and served, the staff were very accommodating unlike Biscayas Staff.
The lovely atmosphere was less stressful with friendly staff that were willing to help with ANY questions you had regarding the menu...unlike the staff in Biscaya.
We found this place way toooo expensive for rather small cold meals my children could have made ten times better. We would NEVER RETURN.

Lovely place but your staff attitudes a right turn off and your food could do with some MAJOR improvements for the PRICE!~ I live in London and while i love to eat out in Copenhagen's great restaurants ,
50kk for two small pieces of bread is way too pricey for what it is.., I am use to spending money on a great meals for two but Biscaya fell very short of the mark set by other restaurants in Copenhagen, including far cheaper alternatives. Biscaya Tapas Bar... YOU have improvements to be made and fast!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had lunch here. No problems with the tapas at this establishment but...no sherry. Huh?? Wrong time of day maybe?

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Right across from The Square hotel, atmosphere was quiet and intimate and very amenable to good conversation. Service staff was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Excellent assortment of menu options, however the dishes I had were somewhat bland tasting and relatively expensive. Would return to eat in a pinch, however would not be a rush to get back.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I can highly recommend Biscaya Tapas Bar right in the middle of Copenhagen, close to Tivoli, The City Square and Strøget. The food was fine.The waitress was outstanding, professional, respectful, smiling and didn't make any mistakes througout the evening. We ordered the tapas menu with 11 dishes. My only complaint is about the bread, which has to be ordered separately. The bread itself was okay, nothing special, but I think that 50 Danish kroner for two small pieces of bread is far too expensive compared to the rest of the prices. Why don't they just serve the dishes with a basket of bread and butter? But everything else worked fine, so altogether it's definitely a place to visit.

1  Thank guldborg