“Sad, like missing an old friend”

Lele Street Kitchen
Ranked #671 of 2,674 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: LêLê Street Kitchen is an eatery and take away all in one. It is fast food done the healthy way. You will always be served dishes that consist of fresh vegetables and herbs, prepared with inspiration from the traditional Vietnamese street kitchen. Whether you are into sweet, salty, sour, hot, crisp, or mild, there are plenty of tasty dishes to choose from or to combine. All our dishes and sauces are homemade, and prepared from scratch. You can enjoy your meal at the reastaurant, you can have it to go, or you can have it delivered directly to your doorstep.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was a regular when Lele Cafe was at its now takeaway site( osterbrogade). It was the best Vietnamese food in the scandic region at that time, and surely followed by huge popularity the biz expanded. Fancy bar, fancy decor, just the quality of food ain't keeping up. The tasting menu looks delicious on menu only (half of the food is not authenticate Vietnamese, just some crossover influenced by a bit of different Asian cuisines like Thai) I tried to finish it out of my respect for food, not for the cook. The dessert recommended by the waitperson, banana with chocolate wrapped in a spring roll served with vanilla ice cream. Honestly, I didn't find it special or paricularly yummy, and the lemongrass sorbet overpowering by the guava sauce ... if there being creative I didn't see it delivered. I am not saying it's bad, my advice though, forget about tasting menu and stick to Pho only, that's what took Lele to where it is today. PS. Forget about Lemonade too, it's getting tasteless. If you are teetotaler like me, get a virgin mojito from the bar, it's the only thing that will draw me there.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is a causal cousin of the fancy place down the street by the same name, but I think their menus have a lot of overlap. Le Le Cafe is a takeaway with informal seating. I went with my husband on a cold night as we spent a weekend in Copenhagen from the UK. We are both cooks and foodies and I can honestly say this food was fantastic. We had menu number 26. The presentation - despite the casual atmosphere - was charming and thoughtful, the spring rolls and salad incredibly flavorful and fresh, the assortment of sushi/rolls/soup was spot on. A standout was the tuna sushi with lemongrass and ginger - we wanted more and more! They provide an array of very high quality sauces which went very well with each taster. Think of this like Vietnamese tapas - at a very high flavor standard! Absolutely delicious. We will likely go back for lunch tomorrow - a crime in a city with so much to offer, but this was that good!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Loved the service, informality and the food was great!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I checked this place out after seeing it in the LP guidebook. The place looked nice, clean, and got all smileys from the health inspector. I was hesitant when I saw sushi on the huge picture menu / mural gracing a wall.

The food was surprisingly good and tasty (I didn't have the sushi). I had the lemongrass beef. They don't really have the traditional pho here so I'm not sure what the last reviewer ordered. The servers were super nice and patient. The place was pretty popular with locals, many opting for takeout, so that's always a good sign. The prices were about average for CPH, about 100-150 dkk or so.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Pho was $26 US and wasn't as good as what you get at a good place for $7. Wasn't authentic, either, tho it had decent flavor. Noodles weren't the real deal and they had none of the necessary/authentic hot sauces. Fish sauce was weak. Fried eggs rolls interesting but peculiar at the same time

1  Thank ThomasTXNY