“Welcoming Lunch”

Ranked #25 of 2,984 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere and service. The server was immensely helpful and walked us through the menu. It felt like we were eating a friend's house. They were joking and talking to us like friends.

The food was delicious and interesting. I say interesting because we were not familiar with traditional Danish food and this place delivered. Great first experience in Copenhagen. Highly suggest for lunch. Get there and order before 1600!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Exactly as it's supposed to be. Good food and generous portions. Also friendly and serviceminded staff. And of course classic interior. When in Denmark...

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

This is very traditional place, serving smørebrød as it has been served for many decades if not centuries. As an aging Copenhagener myself I can say that Husmann's has a very authentic old popular Copenhagen style atmosphere, slightly dark and rustic, not fancy, but still very welcoming. The food (open sandwiches) we had were classics but not especially interesting or delicate to my taste, actually a bit too standard. Can be had more elaborate and with better quality bread in some other places (or in a Danish home). Still OK, and very typical, though. And the beer and especially snaps selections are fine and so are the servers with the kind of dry, ordinary folks sense of humor you come to expect of places like this (I do not know if that works in English).

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank MobileDane
Reviewed January 10, 2017

This is the second time we have our company Christmas party in this restaurant. First time I said it was perfect. Second time, even better!

The restaurant- Nice, cozy, clean. I like the fact that it is rather small and it can get a nice warming atmosphere rather fast.

Food- Fantastic Danish food. From leverpostej and open sandwiches to risalamande, everything tastes amazing!

Service- I simply don't have enough words to express the quality of the service. Jon and Leif are the gods of table service. Polite, funny, attentive and precise. They are simply perfect. OUTSTANDING!

I would highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 22, 2016

Classic Danish smørrebrød - always a sure stop when I am in Cph - tradition - the standard is ALWAYS high. S

Date of visit: May 2016