“Excellent classic Copenhagen Smörrebröd/frokost( danish sandwhich) restaurant”
Review of Husmann's Vinstue

Husmann's Vinstue
Ranked #25 of 2,984 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed December 31, 2015

Close to "Ströget"/the pedestrian route is this very good "smörrebröd" place.Dood, friendly service in a classic Copenhagen athmosphere. Typical danish sandwhichmenue of good class! Favorite : fried smoked eal with scrambled eggs and Gorgonzola with egg !

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed December 14, 2015

This is my third trip to CPH, and my visit would not be complete without lunch at my favourite restaurant. I just love it. The atmosphere is like no-where-else, and the food is incredible. I feel so welcome every time I visit, and could happily spend hours eating and drinking in this wonderful place. AND the owners are some of the nicest people you will meet in Denmark. Thank you once again Husmann's Vinstue. See you next time!

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank NNUK
Reviewed November 30, 2015

down the stairs any grey damp autumn afternoon, or a cold winters day... There you are, at Husmans Vinestue, and it's great. I bet it's great in summer too but actually I've just been here in colder seasons. Classic herring and smorrebrod dishes: "The vet's night food" (sandwich with meat), salmon, assorted herring dishes... It's so yummy! This is Danish traditional food and you will not be disappointed. I strongly recommend a little glass of Gammeldansk (schnapps) and a big nice beer to the meal.
So pick your three or four small "smorrebrod" dishes (you won't leave feeling hungry) and enjoy. I'm in love with this place.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

We turned up here in out first afternoon in Copenhagen, about 3:15 on a very grey day. It seems, to us at any rate, that the Danish seem to go in for lunch rather than dinner. This is probably the best place to go to to sample what Danish cuisine has to offer. The welcome was friendly and the advice given by the waiter- John- was very helpful and useful. I had to try the meatballs, my wife had the herring platter. Both came with rye bread ( there were other options, but we were told that a Danish lunch wasn't a Danish lunch without rye bread) and salad, the latter with a little pot of lard ( yes, lard). We really enjoyed it. We asked for a local beer and selected Jacobsens. The restaurant is atmospheric, being situated in a basement (as most of them seem to be) not far from the main square. The price was reasonable, for Scandinavia. Do give it a try. I don't think it opens in the evenings: the kitchen closes at 4 pm, I think, but the bar stays open until 6 pm.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank 851nickk
Reviewed October 31, 2015

We phoned for a reservation and had a table in 15 minutes. The staff were so pleasant knowledgable and friendly.
We had the pickled herrings 3 ways, smoked roast eel and aged cheese. It was carefully described and absolutely delicious.
Not many tourists but very busy with Danes, so we can only think this fantastic place is a closely guarded secret!

Date of visit: October 2015