“Small beautifully designed cafe”

Aamanns Deli & Take Away
Ranked #100 of 3,064 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Oesterbro
Description: Enjoy our smørrebrød in our buzzing Deli environment or take it with you to enjoy in one of the nearby parks or at home. We meticulously arrange and pack our smørrebrød to ensure that it will taste and present itself perfectly upon arrival.
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Near to the Statens Museum for Kunst this is a small but nicely decorated and furnished cafe/deli. Unfailingly friendly staff and, if you like smorrebrod, a great selection. I enjoyed one with potatoes and one with halibut whilst my partner had a warm version with liver pate. Local brews available as well. It is not cheap - equivalent of £45 for 2 but perfectly pleasant. Apparently it is run by a local TV cooking presenter who also has a fine dining restaurant in the city!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I was afraid we were going to leave Denmark without having tried Smorrebrod. Finally, on our last full day here we got Aamann's to go, and had a wonderful picnic at the Rosenberg Castle grounds. Aamann's has a picnic take-away option that provides two cold smorrebrod, a drink, and a dessert. To take advantage of this option, you must have at least two people in your party who partake. The picnic option allowed me and my wife to enjoy a lovely anniversary on one of the first sunny days in Copenhagen this year. It was a wonderful meal, in a fabulous setting, and the perfect way to end our visit to Copenhagen.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

The Smørrebrød here are wonderful! We had the tasting plate that gave 4 very different but each wonderfully made tastes of Smørrebrød. I even loved the vegan one(!). Each looked and tasted like little works of art.
We were very lucky to get to eat here due to booking failing to show. You must book as it's very small inside. The bottled beer was great but I didn't like the homemade cherry "lemonade" - very strong tasting and just not for me.
Service was friendly and good.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank HelenandMark
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

My wife loved this place. It’s small and intimate, with a scandi feel. The open sandwich’s are amazing and look like works of art. I had the selection plate (the chef decides what goes on, which was brilliant as I tried things I normally wouldn’t) and my wife had the chicken. The drinks were the restaurants own creations, the snaps medley was potent ( horseradish which shouldn’t work but is a revolution on your tastebuds) and elderflower soda were great. It’s not cheap but nothing really is in Copenhagen, but worth every penny

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank JimmyG836
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful, if slightly expensive, lunch here. The staff were really helpful and recommended a great selection of smorrebrod which we were able to share. Every one was delicious and they looked like works of art. The restaurant is small but we were quite early and were able to get a table - might be wise to book. 6 smorrebrod between us was plenty and cost about about £60 with a glass of beer.

Date of visit: February 2019