“Fantastic food for good value”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #397 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Simple and clean interior. Great orient fusion food big portions and good value
You can enter from back of the Tivoli or from inside the Tivoli
I recommend this restaurant highly

Reviewed July 23, 2014

First time, we had to wait long time for the food. The First dish, for my guest, came as I aspected but the second dish, the one for me, took it's time, too long time for us to dine together. (That's Asian stile)

The food was tasty, and had a Asian touch to it, but the origin of the food are more wide Asian as a whole than it is Japanese. After living in Asia for eleven years, my guess was Korean. How ever the food was nice and tasty. The service was, at my first the first visit, about 50/50.

Our visit the second time, when we choose to walk right in and pick our table, not waisting time to wait to be seated by, a non present, servant. When the servant finally showed up at our table, we aspected to see the menu, but instead we where I visit waga mama, tvice, first time, me and my guest waited to be seated nearly 10 min. In a nearly empty restaurant. Second time we choose to walk right in and pick our table, not waisting time to wait to be seated by a, non present, servant.

First time, we had to wait for the food, the. First dish, for my guest, came as I aspected but the second dish, the one for me took it's time, too long time for us to dine together.

The food was tasty, and had a Asian touch to it, but the origin of the food are more wide Asian as a whole than it is Japanese after living in Asia for eleven years my guess was Korean. How ever the food was nice and tasty. The service was at my first the first time 50/50.

Our visit the second time, when we choose to walk right in and pick our table, not waisting time to wait to be seated by, a non present, servant in a empty restaurant. When the servant finally showed up at our table, we aspected to see the menu, but instead where corrected by the servant, about the restaurants rules to be seated. I am a grown man, I am a chef, I had been to restaurants world wide. I have never before been corrected for my, normally good behavior, from a, non present, servant, in a restaurant there seems to be more a fast food concept than a la carte restaurant.

I can not review the food from my second visit, I do not accept to be corrected like this, an to be hornets the food wasn't not that great, and not a conflict worthy, so we choose to leave the place.

Yet, again I was confirmed, that Asian food are best eaten in Asia here,min Europe, it will always be adapted to the western stile and thy can't even get the Asian stile of service right, so how can it ever be a Japanese restaurant?

To all our tourist: when you visit Denmark, enjoy the Danish kitchen, We ended up whit a great Danish traditional meal at restaurant "klubben" placed on Enghavevej. Not bad at all!

1  Thank Søren O
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place had crabby, inattentive wait staff and the slowest service ever. We ordered 3 entries. 15 minutes passed between when the brought out the first and the second entrees, and 30 minutes later I finally cancelled the order for the 3rd entree. (Notice that the second and third were the exact same dish, so preparation time was not an issue,). It was noisy, and the wait staff did not make eye contact. Try one of the other restaurants in the park instead of this one!

1  Thank WiMomwithteens
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a delicious meal here, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and not as expensive as some if the restaurants here. So delicious we came back for a takeaway and my 5 yr old nephew loved his meal too which was a bonus!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Wagamama is before all a concept, you like it or not but it's original (no starters, service on the spot etc.)

However, the food is amazing and well served, special attention to the desserts which are fabulous.

The service is also pretty good for Danish standards!