“Amazing brunch”

ms amerika
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Oesterbro
Description: New American head chef to reestablish waterfront location's US linksWith the hiring of California-born Adrien Norwood as Head Chef, and Allan Rievers as Restaurant Manager, the restaurant on Copenhagen's Amerika Quay has altered its gastronomic course and plans to take its guests on an adventure into an eclectic and exciting American cuisine.
London
“Amazing brunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

After taking a trip to see The Little Mermaid in the harbour, we wandered around and came upon this restaurant at lunchtime, being a Sunday, they were only serving one thing: brunch. But it was the nicest meal I had in Denmark, and one of the best meals I've had anywhere. It was expensive, but worth it. We each were served pancakes with syrup and blueberries, amazing scrambled eggs with tiny mushrooms, rye bread toast, brioche with jam, a soft boiled egg, cheese, some melon,strawberries and orange, and granola with creamy Danish yoghurt. My partner eats meat and had bacon and sausage too; I'm vegetarian so I skipped that part. Really delicious, we sat in the sunshine by the water and the service was polite and friendly without being overbearing. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Visited June 2014

Middlewich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch, one of the best I have had in Denmark”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Restaurant was selected by a work colleague as it was close to where we had a meeting in the afternoon. had walked in the area many times, seen the signs but had never visited. How does it compare to other Danish restaurants that Danes visit much more regularly? I cannot comment but in terms of the limited number of places I go when over there, it was excellent and I can't wait to visit again.
We were offered some local, seasonal caviar equivalent and it was amazing.

• Visited March 2014
Holte, Denmark
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, super menu, good service. All in all a very nice place for a cosy dinner or a business lunch. Try it and you will nor regret it.

KOrsør
“ms Amerika vers. 2 - a divine dinner by Captain Norwood and crew”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at ms Amerika together with a good colleague and business clients and i can without any hesitation say that the restaurant surpassed the high expectations i already had to the new version og MS Amerika.

The ambience of the restaurant is warm and welcoming, the room has modern clean edge style to it which has been spiced with elements tradtion and wood.

We were welcomed by the restaurant manager who throughout the entire evening provided us with a very friendly and professional service, that for example left us with no doubt on what we were eating and a full explanation on the wines that were paired with the particular course.

In regards to the food i would like to give my highest compliments to the chef Adrien Norwood and his team, for an imaginative and innovative menu that was well executed, My only regret was that i did not order the 8 course menu but instead went for the 5 course menu, not because of the size of servings, but simply because the various courses give you a craving to explore more. I am glad i did not have to choose between the courses, that would be totally impossible, like choosing which one of your children you love the most.

I can only recommend visiting MS Amerika, i know that i will for sure return and enjoy Captain Norwood's culinary delights.

• Visited October 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Great little find near the water!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were recently in Copenhagen on a cruise, and we went out for a walk. On the way back to the ship, we had a choice to make: eat on the ship, or find something local. We knew we wanted something local, but there weren't many choices besides hot dog stands. Then we saw a green awning that looked like an outdoor pub. As we approached the restaurant, we saw it was exactly what we wanted.
The food was really tasty and varied, and the beer, of course, was cold and refreshing. The chef Adrien came out to talk with us -- he was from USA, ahd been to Copenhagen several times, and finally moved back there for good. I highly recommend this restaurant for indoor dining or al fresco dining when the weather is good (as it was for our visit). The atmosphere is quiet, and it's right between the main cruise ship piers.

• Visited September 2013