“Cosy and worth a visit”

Nam Thip Restaurant
Ranked #1,157 of 2,738 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Description: Namthip was established in 1995, in English its name means waterfall as itself history which is a non-stop flow of moving and developments. With the idea about an authentic Thai restaurant in the heart of Copenhagen. After 21 years, we still maintain the taste as the first day! In this year, with our love for Vietnamese cuisine, we are updating and renew the menu to bring more choices for customers by adding authentic Vietnamese dishes.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I dined solo at the Nam Thip while traveling on business. The atmosphere and staff were friendly and inviting, the service prompt, and the food good. I had the prawn coconut soup (excellent), spring rolls (average) and octopus salad (very good). Other clientele included families with children and couples. When my credit card wouldn't work, the patron went out of his way to accommodate. Much appreciated!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Decent Thai food which is a tad too salty from the feedback of 6 pax.

Portion is very decent and owner is very helpful in showing us the different size of the soup when we asked for it.

The restaurant is able to accommodate special orders like vegetarian which is great.

Green curry is pretty close to the real thing u get in Thailand, though the tom yum soup is lackluster.

Overall, good decent Thai food in this part of the world.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

It was a rainy boxing day night and my friends and I stumbled upon this place after wandering into a dodgy part of town. We all had a wonderful thai meal here and the staff are warm, welcoming and accommodating. One of my friends said it was the best thai ever. Another friend asked for vegetarian and she was given the pick of any dish on the menu that could be adapted to her needs. I highly recommend this place. The price was reasonable for Copenhagen.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We had just arrived in Copenhagen and without a restaurant in mind, nor working wifi and the rain starting up, we just happened upon this restaurant and were very glad we decided to go in. Between the three of us, we had a green curry (which they kindly made vegetarian just for me), Pad Thai with shrimp, and a couple of appetizers. The main dishes were all around 100 krone and what we ordered was delicious! Our waitress was very sweet as well, which was a nice bonus.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I'm a passing by tourist, not a thai food expert, but that's clearly above your average pad thai!!
Plus, it's a cosy place, great service, the owner is caring, and again the food is great!
Price ranges are even cheaper compared to the city's lifestyle.