“Beautiful!”
Review of Peder Oxe

Peder Oxe
Ranked #113 of 2,350 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: You will find Peder Oxe at Graabroedretorv, in the heart of old town Copenhagen. The restaurant serves the very best beef from free range cattle and you will also find fresh fish, shellfish, lamb and game on the menu. At lunchtime the Danish classic ‘smorrebrod’ (open faced sandwich) is served and here the guests have the possibility of choosing exactly the pieces of smørrebrød they desire. The menu is adjusted according to the changing seasons.
Palo Alto
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went here on a recommendation from a friend. I have passed by this place a million times but never gone in. This time I did and I was pleasantly surprised. The place is exceptional, the decor is minimal but the restaurant is very warm and welcoming. The service was great. Not hurried at all. The waitress was very professional, but still had a very personal touch. But with all restaurants in Copenhagen of this statue, lunch is not cheap. I had the special three sandwich, you choose what you like from a menu of about 20 and the cost for that is DKK149.00 include a beer and perhaps a snaps and the bill is well over DKK200.00. But worth every penny, eh sorry every krone! Some of the other restaurant that I have reviewed in Copenhagen does give you more herring. But here I did not miss the extra amount of food. However I would like to add that of the restaurants that I have reviewed in Copenhagen for Lunch I have not found one that is "outstanding". Every restaurant I have been to is excellent, one that Tripadvisor does not list is Gammel Mønt (I have requested a listing) but that restaurant comes close to excellent. It is also located in the inner city.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank friendlytrips

Gothenburg, Sweden
“A great place for danish lunch!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A cosy atmosphere, an attentive service and excellent danish sandwiches. The system with check-a-box for orders and a green lamp for service attention worked fine for "frokost" (lunch). We went back the next day!

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, England
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very good atmosphere, decor and food for pleasure and business in a lively location. The best place we ate in Copenhagen.

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect spot to wind down and enjoy fabulous food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about this amazing restaurant. I enjoyed a late lunch here. Chose two open faced sandwiches ( very Danish) and the salad bar for 159. Danish krona. I chose smoked salmon and a pork sandwich which came with the best tasting beets. Each of the two course sandwiches was a meal on its own. On top of that I had the salad bar which was the best I have ever had. With. Glass of wine I spent $40.00 Canadian dollars but was excellent value for the quality and quantity of food. The staff was excellent as well. Will go back next time I am there.

Ottignies, Belgium
“Good restaurant and very unusual layout underneath street level”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Big open fire - good food and good selection. Friendly staff but you probably need to reserve in advance. We did not but were lucky to get a table

Visited December 2012