“Great beers and good, modern food”
Review of Den Tatoverede Enke - CLOSED

Den Tatoverede Enke
Cuisines: Belgian, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great - mostly (only?) imported, and 50% belgian - beers at OK prices for Denmark. Pun-like simple setting but food was a nice surprise, the menu as well as the few other dishes are today (2013) typical "Modern (Nordic) cooking" - very delicious and very good value for money.

Very, very noisy (most of those trappist beers are strong)

There are newer reviews for Den Tatoverede Enke

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food with brilliant beer and staff who know their stuff! This is truly a hidden gem in Copenhagen. The only critique is the dessert in the three course meal, unfortunately a bit too much on the heavy side, other that that: perfect!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the pub downstairs to the cafe upstairs an enjoyable experience all around. The service was impeccable, food outstanding. Well considered food and beer pairings along with a full explanation at delivery made for a great experience all-around. I'll be back!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The most amazing thing about this place is the beer and the knowledge of those that serve it. If I were rating the beer alone it would be a 5. The food is always very good, innovative and tasty but unpretentious and the bread made with beer is simply divine. Service is always very good and the atmosphere in the restaurant is very cosy. Well worth a visit !

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Luckily, we made Den Tatoverede Enke (The Tattooed Widow) tonight, our next stop after the Lord Nelson Bar, because they were shutting down for the weekend until the 3rd. Hard to find in a side alley without a sign, this Copenhagen hideaway supposedly specializes is some pretty good beer food in the restaurant upstairs, but we only stopped in the downstairs bar.

Sixteen taps that I can see and a bottle selection that tends towards Belgians. So they didn't have leftover beer in the kegs for their holiday shutdown, only a few beers remained on tap tonight. Sad for us, but I like the respect for beer and customers. We had two excellent beers that were well served: Stronzo's Golden Santa and Mikkeller's From To Via, a Christmas beer with a tap handle designed after present label. While chatting, I noticed how meticulous and attentive the bartender was--one of the best I've ever seen.

When Ian had studied in Copenhagern, he picked up a Westvleteren crate that he brought home for me. Several of the crates sat in the windows as decoration. Fun to see the "siblings" of my home decor. We lounged at the bar with a draft and music soft enough to actually be background. My first night in Denmark, the full darkness by 5:00 pm was a bit shocking to my jet lagged system, as were the two drafts that went right to my head, so we headed home for the night. However, the Widow is at the top of my list, restaurant included, for a return visit.

Pictures at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/01/den-tatoverede-enke-copenhagen-dk.html.