“OK food, not so good service”
Review of Indian Taj Restaurant - CLOSED

Indian Taj Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ok, so I was a bit tired when I visited this restaurant. I ordered butter chicken, which was OK, I've tasted better, but also worse. Didn't like that the waiter didn't ask if we wanted rice on the side. All other Indian restaurants I've been to we have gotten rice without asking. So we didn't understand anything when the waiter came with the meat, and nothing else! OK that you must order it specifically, but then she could have asked if we wanted it. But I've been there before in 2008 and it was much nicer then. Oh, and the Bhuna Garlic is still the best dish for me there!

1  Thank Margrethe-K-Johnsen

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We used to eat here regularly, but after a while we decided that the quality of the food did not make up for the sometimes egregious lapses in service. For the prices they charge, service should be better.

1  Thank morl8tr
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Definitely would recommend this restaurant for Indian food. The place is nicely done up and has very friendly staff. Food is prepared fresh and tastes great. Have been there 4-5 times and for me ordering a la carte works better than their fixed menu.. just because the fixed menu has a lot of food and is tough to finish! I would recommend a masala chai to wind up the meal .. its served in intresting "kullads" ( smal earther pots)

1  Thank SanD1706
Reviewed July 3, 2012

generally had quite a miserable time at this place. Like everywhere in Copenhagen, this attempt to find a good indian ended in disappointment all round. We all ordered different dishes, and were equally disappointed. Eyewateringly expensive given the quality of the food and service.

1  Thank NJ1984
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Went here a couple of times hoping that my first experience was a one-off but it was not.

Ordering food that tastes of anything is nearly impossible. Sent my first order back because it literally tasted of nothing and they redid it and it was much better. The waitress explained that Danes can't take any spiciness and apologised. The next time I tried again and got a dish and a pot of green chili paste to mix in to make it hotter - so all it ended up tasting like was green chili paste. Not acceptable.

Cannot get water from the tap only expensive bottles in an already expensive restaurant. Not cool.

This is a shame as the interior is nicely done and the whole place has some history.