“Great Service... but food was disappointing”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #2 of 2,570 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had only one night here in Copenhagen and wanted a good restaurant. I went to Tripadvisor and noticed that this restaurant is placed at #1 with lots of great reviews, so I went there.

However, I was disappointed at the entire experience, and couldn't relate why other reviewers rated this restaurant so positively. Service however, was absolutely amazing.. Waiter was efficient, friendly, makes small talk/jokes and would shake your hand upon departure.

What was disappointing was the food - the soup I had was very salty (and portions are quite small even though a normal sized was ordered) and the bocalado (some kind of seafood stew) was also equally very salty and portions were so small and the fish didn't tasted fresh. I did not order desserts as I am already disappointed with the food quality.

Location of the restaurant is also a little hard to find as it is located on a side street that runs parallel to the main street.

I would not recommend this restaurant and I would think twice before I book restaurants based on Tripadvisor ratings

7  Thank kceesse

Reviewed August 11, 2010

The moment we set our feet inside the restaurant we knew it would be good. The food was amazing, we both had a starter and a main, an aperitif and a bottle of wine. The waiter was very friendly and very knowledgeable, probably the best waiter I have ever had at any restaurant. The atmosphere was great, with a small restaurant and nice decor. And all in all it cost us less than 1000 danish kroner. One of the best restaurant experiences we have ever had!

1  Thank bakkii
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I've been here several times. The food is amazing and the cost is unbelievably reasonable for Copenhagen. With out a doubt, it has the best service in town. It really is an amazing place.

1  Thank Lenny2010
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Cosy little place with excelent food and very welcome atmosphere created by two owners who apperently love their job. With every course comes presentation about ingrediences and way of cooking, and you can feel passion for food and wine in every word. Do not miss ,bacalao, there - it is splendid.... Also cheese plate with wine selection is goregous experience... This restaurant is the best I have seen during past 10 years... If it happend to me to be once again in Copenhagen, I will definitly visit again.

1  Thank margita_svehlova
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I've been to this restaurant 3 times in the past 7 months. Mats and Karsten never disappoint. It's also interesting to see the latest artwork on the walls of the restaurant. They feature a different artist every month. There are usually 3 choices for each course and wonderful wines to accompany them. I usually cannot decide which one to order as they all sound delicious, so I'm happily accomodated with a sampler plate for each course.
For the life of me, I'll never figure out the person who wrote such a bad review of this place, rating it only 1 star. I think he was writing about some other restaurant.

1  Thank BarbM2015