“WOW”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #10 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Our restaurant is based on a concept where the premises decor and the menu will always be inspired by the current exhibition in Gallery Krebsen (located in the rear building across the courtyard). On the walls of the first room you enter, you will therefore typically find images of a current exhibition at the gallery and thus could experience a new atmosphere at least eight times a year. We hope you will enjoy our atmosphere and food.
Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I reserved this 60 days before our arrival and glad we did. The hosts Carsten and Matt who have worked together for 13 years were a delight to interact with. They led us through the menu with wine parings and delightful interactions throughout the meal. The fish soup and crayfish appetizers were very complex. The main course with cod and hake were done in such detail and preparation that it was beyond what my taste buds have experienced. Let them select the wines as they know the menu flavors and ingredients. This 40 seat gem is not to be missed if you have the opportunity. You will not be disappointed in this gem👍

2  Thank robertschaffner

Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

We found this restaurant just walking past and wanted a quick meal with local cuisine. We were lucky that the Norwegian head chef was also our waiter that night. We had the tasting menu. Everything was superb. Our waiter listened to our preferences and carefully chose 4 delicious courses with 5 wines. He bought everything to life with his descriptions and passion. It was an awesome meal. And at the end he gave each of us a hug as we left. A first for me! I hope you get the chance to go.

Reviewed June 2, 2019

I celebrated my 65th birthday with my wife at Restaurant Krebsegaarden in mid May and our dining experience was exceptional. Due to the popularity of this restaurant I made reservations well in advance of our visit to Copenhagen. We decided on the Taster Menu that included five specially prepared courses with each course paired with a wine. Each portion was prepared to perfection and the presentation was outstanding. The owners, and chefs, Carsten and Mats, personally served us at our table and explained each dish and how it was prepared. The service was needless to say, outstanding! The restaurant, albeit small, has a special ambiance, is extremely neat and well decorated. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank stevenu826
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

I booked a table at this restaurant as a little treat for my mum and parter. We had a 5 course tasting menu with paired wines. Every course was delicious and wines perfectly matched. Scallops for the first course were the best I have ever had. We also had the fish soup, hake and pork and couldn't fault anything. The 5th course I had a cheese board that consisted of 17 different cheese, don't worry they were really small samples of each and again perfectly paired with dessert wines. There was a Truffle brie that will change your life. On top of all of this the owner and waiter made you feel completely at home providing a warm and engaging evening. The whole restaurant was booked out so book in plenty of time. Prices were very reasonable for what you got, I have paid a lot more for a lot less. Do yourself a favour next time you're in Copenhagen treat yourself to a dinner here.

1  Thank jamesriddiford
Reviewed May 22, 2019

We loved the food and could taste eachother's meal by sharing smaller portions, which is a great idea. Each element was perfectly dosed.The atmosphere is warm and generous. You feel almost part of the family without being too familiar.
We highly recommend.