“Simply great”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #10 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Our restaurant is based on a concept where the premises decor and the menu will always be inspired by the current exhibition in Gallery Krebsen (located in the rear building across the courtyard). On the walls of the first room you enter, you will therefore typically find images of a current exhibition at the gallery and thus could experience a new atmosphere at least eight times a year. We hope you will enjoy our atmosphere and food.
Reviewed May 22, 2019

We loved the food and could taste eachother's meal by sharing smaller portions, which is a great idea. Each element was perfectly dosed.The atmosphere is warm and generous. You feel almost part of the family without being too familiar.
We highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Claude T

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Staff is very friendly but there are very few options for vegans. Good choice for drinking and having a snack only.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Fernando D
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Excellent god an great and personal service. They managed to cerater a familiar and special atmosphere

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I are traveling and decided on this restaurant for my special birthday dinner during our vacation and I’m so glad we did! Not only was the food AMAZING, the two men who own the restaurant also are the chefs and waiters. They explain how all the dishes are made in detail and are very accommodating with requests (I’m pregnant so need to adjust my diet slightly right now). They chat with you and make you feel like you are having dinner amongst friends. With only 30 seats in the restaurant the atmosphere is cozy almost as if you were eating in an apartment. If you’re looking for simply just a wonderful meal and easy evening, definitely add this restaurant to your list! 10/10 would recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

On our final day to Copenhagen my girlfriend and I went to this wonderful restaurant based on fellow travellers feedback and I must say this has been one of my favourite culinary experiences ever.

Upon entering you are greeted by the staff like an old friend which makes you feel at home .

The decour is fantastic while there is a lovely warm ambience .

The food was on a different level . We opted for the taster menu and it was simply devine .

The starter consisted of aubergine and tomato topped with parmesan which was fantastic .

The soup was a mussel , sun dried tomato broth with capers which also had cream through it . Every mouthful brought a different but enjoyable taste .

The first mains taster was a grilled tuna with salsa verde and gnocchi . This dish was simply sensational .

The second taster was occo buco which is a beef dish off the shin . It was simply sensational along the accompiments .

We somehow had room for dessert so opted for the cannoli filled with cherry , orange and cream which was splendid . My girlfriend went for petit fours which were gorgeous .

This is definitely one of the best restaurants I have ever been to and deserves all the accolades given so if you are going to take a trip to this magical city then do book this place and make it even more special

Date of visit: April 2019