“Certainly deserves its high ranking”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #10 of 3,015 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Our restaurant is based on a concept where the premises decor and the menu will always be inspired by the current exhibition in Gallery Krebsen (located in the rear building across the courtyard). On the walls of the first room you enter, you will therefore typically find images of a current exhibition at the gallery and thus could experience a new atmosphere at least eight times a year. We hope you will enjoy our atmosphere and food.
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Picked it purely based on reviews on Trip. Was not disappointed at all. Quality of food absolutely first class. Up there with some of my best dining experiences ever. Atmosphere was fun but classy. Very surprised at total cost too. Very pleasantly surprised in fact - compared to what an equivalent meal would have cost in Dubai, it was a bargain! Thoroughly recommend it. Wonderful experience. Thanks guys!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Louise H

Reviewed March 20, 2019

Wife and I did the tasting menu and wine pairing. Every dish we had was sublime besides the desert(cannoli). The service was spectacular as well. I read other reviews, and before going I was worried that I would hear my server’s life story. Not the case at all. Wines were perfect as well. It cost us about 250 American dollars but considering we are in Copenhagen the price seemed reasonable. If you go I would skip desert and order one additional course. Glad I went and would recommend to others.

1  Thank cocobwareandfrankie
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We had the 7 dish taster menu. I gave the first dish 10/10 but the dishes just got better and better we ran out of numbers to rate the rest. The portion was also perfect. Amazing time we had there.

1  Thank Rossawan P
Reviewed March 9, 2019

I can't recommend this place highly enough. I think this was probably the best overall food experience my wife and I have ever had. Whilst its not cheap, nothing in Copenhagen is, and I really felt it was value for money.

The soup.....oh the soup...i think it needs a new name as soup does not do it justice!

You have got to go for the taster menu and the recommended wines to go with it. Finish off with the cheeseboard which my wife did. I will regret not having it.... probably for the rest of my life!

If i had some advice for future punters it would be let the guys lead you in what to eat and drink. Also, give them back their banter as they love it!. They did not believe me that the cat made me typo my own name...and we fought about it all night long! Right up my street!

Thanks guys, for giving us the best possible food and wine. And the best possible introduction to Copenhagen which my wife and I have fallen in love with.

It turned out to be a fantastic long weekend ....and the bloody cat did stand on the keyboard when I was typing.....oh no, here she is ag9iiji00iju9jhn90y89y ;-)

1  Thank Matthew K
Reviewed March 1, 2019

I had fine dining all over Europe (France, Spain, Italy) and this one of my most memorable meals!
We had a 7 course meal with generous wine pairing for 100 euros/person, worthed every penny considering the
high quality of food and wine. A meal like that would cost at least $500 pp. here in USA. If you go to Copenhagen
this is the best!!!