“x-mas dinner and Jazz”

Restaurant Krebsegaarden
Ranked #1 of 2,308 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish, Norwegian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
cph
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“x-mas dinner and Jazz”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

While Martin Preisler and Jacob FIscher gave their op todate new interpretation of x-mas carols we enjoyed a menu of true "slow food" including soup, Norwegian pressed cod (for 12 days), Raindeer and Multe-berries.

Could not ask for more

1 Thank FCBCph

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My daughter and I were in Copenhagen for 3 days and ate here mid week . The restaurant was quiet but had a relaxing atmosphere, the menu was clearly explained as were the portion sizes - we went for small so that we would have room for desert! My daughter had the reindeer pot which was was a heady mix of Gamey flavours with the meat sublimely tender. I had the traditional Xmas cod dish with cod roe ...excellent ,but glad I chose the small portion. We finished with homemade petit four and tea with the bill coming to 679 kr - we didn't have wine which probably kept the price down and felt it was the best value for money meal that we'd had in Copenhagen. A lovely evening with great service,friendly and amusing without being intrusive - would definitely come again!

Bergen, Norway
“What a great surprise!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I have been travel to Copenhagen before Christmas nearly every year since 2001 and have tried a lot of different restaurants. This is definitely the best one!

It's a rather small restaurant, with an intimate and relaxed atmosphere.

We try the “Taster-menu 6 dishes”; Crayfish salad, Creamy cauliflower soup, Pot of reindeer, bacalao, Danish cheeses and crème caramel (See my attached photos). All with an amazing accompanying wine menu.

This is maybe the best dinner experience ever!!

The host and owners, Casten and Mats from my hometown Bergen - Norway, is very professional and give us an experience this evening that we will remember forever!

See you next year!

Regards
Svein-Magne Tunli from Bergen, Norway.

3 Thank Svein-Magne_Tunli
Manchester
“Great food, genial host!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were on a weekend break in Copenhagen and ate here on a Friday night. We had the tasting menu which included four dishes with matched wines, and we also paid for an extra dessert. The total cost was about £80 per person.

The cauliflower soup was rich and creamy, and full of flavour. The 'bacalao of the house' was well cooked in a tomato sauce, although it divided opinions on our table between two who liked it a lot and two who liked it much less. We then had the duck confit cooked in port and served with red cabbage, which was very good. The next dish was reindeer served with a puree of root vegetables which was excellent. We also had a clouberry dessert which was fine but not exceptional.

The wines were very good and well matched with the food. The maitre d' was well informed, present without being intrusive and full of good humour.

1 Thank Frogflo
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I had to go Copenhagen for business and decided to take a couple of extra days and took my wife and my daughter and her partner flew in from London for a long family weekend. Our first night was hit by not only 'the great storm' but also by a great night at Krebsegaarden. From the warm welcome, intimate atmosphere, great food, carefully pared wines and entertaining hosts, this was dining at its best. I've eaten at Noma, and a number of other starred restaurants in Copenhagen but Krebsegaarden will stick in my memory more than any of them. These guys are passionate about food and wine and serve it up with humour, wit style and not a hint of pretentiousness.
Loved it! Will be a destination every time I'm back in Copenhagen.

Visited December 2013