“Friendly, cozy spot for good Japanese food”

BENTO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #72 of 3,094 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed April 18, 2019

Really enjoyed the atmosphere and food in this cozy little restaurant on Vesterbro. Staff was friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome all throughout our meal. The place seemed quite popular. Even when full the place was still cozy & had an intimate setting.

We were lucky to get a table on Saturday evening, so maybe book in advance or come early in the weekends. Prices were in the lower/middle end when eating out in Denmark/Copenhagen (full meal and drinks cost me 230 DKK).

Will definitely come again.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 13, 2019

Wandered in here out of the rain (entrance is easy to miss as it is down 6 steps)
Friendly welcome, good food and good value. Hyggeligt.
I have returned many times daytime and evening never dissapointed.
Gets busy lunchtime and evening so good idea to book.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Finding good Japanese food is hard in Copenhagen. As such, I was delighted to hear about this high-rated Jap restaurant in the city centre.

As I am a big fan of this cuisine, I’ve tried a lot around the world. That being said, I think Bento was good - but not too special. I thought my tonkatsu tasted good, although I think it was overpriced. What was sad was the tempura udon my boyfriend got which were small 3 pieces of tempura on the side of the vegetable noodle hot dish. Priced at a whopping 250kr - so that’s a lot. Starters tasted amazing too.

All in all, I think it was an OK experience. Good food, but priced more than what you get.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Bento Japanese is a hidden gem; the food is heavenly!!! They were able to squeeze us in without a reservation which was very kind. I ordered the chicken gyoza and they were divine. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank TheOatmealGirl
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Little difficult to find, as it is small entrance, but the Japanese flag outside gives it away. Very cozy place, I got there at lunch time and had one of the preset lunch trays.. Very tasty, not big, Japanese style tray.. Very friendly Japanese speaker bartender, a place I would highly recommend.. I puld go back at different time, to try other things in the menu ( at lunch only available things were the lunch menu items).

Date of visit: September 2018