“Nice food, cosy place, excellent caring staff, affordable price”

BENTO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #233 of 2,308 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Casteau, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, cosy place, excellent caring staff, affordable price”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I found this restaurant through Tripadvisor. Not dissapointed at all. Very cosy place, nice atmosphere, and above all, the staff is excellent. They answered every question we had, also about interior decoration of the restaurant. The grandma in the kitchen even came to provide additional details, in Japanese, that the other staff had to translate for us. Very caring about customers. I would certainly go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tomzeeland

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Grimbergen, Belgium
“Authentic, delicious & friendly service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very friendly welcome, even tough we didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night. The place looks and feels authentic, and somehow smells great (like a sauna?). We ordered sushi -which was delicious- and got some complimentary miso soup and green tea with green soy beans. The service was incredible.

Only downside: be sure to bring cash. They don't accept most credit cards, and it's quite pricy. However, it's worth every Danish Krone!

• Visited October 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best sushi in Copenhagen”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've been to Bento approx 50 times. The sushi and the service has been perfekt at every visit. I like to atmosphere in this little family-run restaurant. Their bartender, Ito San, makes some pretty good cocktails - be sure to try one or two of them too :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nils B
“A true hidden gem”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I tried this place in September this year, and it did not disappoint.

I was too late for the bento boxes but managed to try some great maki rolls, nigiri sushi and even the strange Shishamo (whole small fried fish, packed with roe).

The place is easy to walk by, a small step down in a cellar is all you notice. Once inside, after I had ordered, I got green tea and salted edamamae (soy) beans. All served by an old asian "grandmother" that made me feel like I was far away from Copenhagen.

Authentic flavours all the way!

I added a Asahi beer (from draft) to keep me hydrated (the Shishamo is quite salty) and also a warm cup of sake. Great!

• Visited September 2013
“Great food and good atmosphere”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited last week, without having booked a table up front.
The service was exceptional and the food was great!
We ordered sushi, dumplings and sake.
The place is small but clean and the staff is smiling and helpful.

I would definitely go there again!

• Visited September 2013