“Authentic, delicious & friendly service”

BENTO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #250 of 2,578 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very friendly welcome, even tough we didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night. The place looks and feels authentic, and somehow smells great (like a sauna?). We ordered sushi -which was delicious- and got some complimentary miso soup and green tea with green soy beans. The service was incredible.

Only downside: be sure to bring cash. They don't accept most credit cards, and it's quite pricy. However, it's worth every Danish Krone!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've been to Bento approx 50 times. The sushi and the service has been perfekt at every visit. I like to atmosphere in this little family-run restaurant. Their bartender, Ito San, makes some pretty good cocktails - be sure to try one or two of them too :)

1  Thank Nils B
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I tried this place in September this year, and it did not disappoint.

I was too late for the bento boxes but managed to try some great maki rolls, nigiri sushi and even the strange Shishamo (whole small fried fish, packed with roe).

The place is easy to walk by, a small step down in a cellar is all you notice. Once inside, after I had ordered, I got green tea and salted edamamae (soy) beans. All served by an old asian "grandmother" that made me feel like I was far away from Copenhagen.

Authentic flavours all the way!

I added a Asahi beer (from draft) to keep me hydrated (the Shishamo is quite salty) and also a warm cup of sake. Great!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited last week, without having booked a table up front.
The service was exceptional and the food was great!
We ordered sushi, dumplings and sake.
The place is small but clean and the staff is smiling and helpful.

I would definitely go there again!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I really could be very critical of the standard of Japanese food served here but I won't be as the service was very friendly and we loved the old lady who serves many of the customers. Bento is quite expensive for an average Japanese restaurant, but restaurants in Copenhagen are not cheap. Overall our impression was of rather amateur cooking and nigiri sushi was inconsistent and too compressed. The name of Bento means lunch box which we didn't try and this could be their speciality rather than sushi. But it was nice to be served by Japanese in a Japanese restaurant rather than by Koreans or Chinese as often is the case.