“*****World class food*****” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sollerod Kro
Ranked #46 of 2,286 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish, French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Copenhagen, Denmark
“*****World class food*****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Celebrating my parents 25th anniversary, we booked a table for 6 persons at Soellerod Kro, just a single mile from my parent's house. I've grown up in these surroundings for 20 years, and the restaurant smells of the fantastic scents from the nearby forrest, the old charming woodwork on the ceilings, and the fantastic food from the kitchen.

I could tell a lot of things about this place, but only one word will describe it... Phenomenal.

Best food, i've ever in my entire life has tasted.. And i've been here and there. This place had/has a Michelin star or two, and for sure they deserve it. From the lovely bread that comes running through the whole dinner, to the fantastic meet, wines and desserts.

It is a absolutely fantastic experience, and the day i am able to afford a meal like this again, they will for sure hear from me & and family.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Martin N

HelsingørDenmark
“Expensive and the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Being out in the country - this is a really good place to eat, lovely surroundings and an old nice inn will meet you.

1 Thank SUNDBOBandB
Holte, Denmark
“Great but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful place, definitely worth the 25 minute trip from downtown Copenhagen. Staff is formal but friendly. We took the six-course Sollerod menu which was really good and surprising. The wine list is nothing less than impressive. However, wines below DKK1.000 are rare. All in all a very nice evening. During breakfast the next morning the discussion was about the invoice and not about the overall experience....

“A pleasant dining experience, but not very welcoming to solo business travellers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I happened to be staying in a hotel near the Søllerød Kro when on business and I thought I would give it a try. The reception was decidedly cool, perhaps because I was a solo business traveller, but once seated the other staff were very pleasant and quite chatty. This can be a very expensive restaurant, but there is a more reasonably priced menu, which I decided to stick to. I very much enjoyed the tasty little touches and amuse bouche between courses and the courses themselves were delicious and very well presented. I have been to many restaurants of this stature where the flavours in the food can be more unusual and intense which provides an additional level of surprise and enjoyment, but in this case the flavours were a little tame and on the safe side, which was slighlty disappointing. The gentleman who helped me choose the wines to match the food (I believe is the manager as well as the sommelier) was very knowlegeable and particularly interesting to chat to. Overall very good, despite the frosty welcome.

• Visited February 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“You always know where you are with Søllerød Kro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

One of the most difficult things in this world is to make it to the top, but something even more difficult is staying there once you make it, but Søllerød Kro does this to perfection. Actually, they could without flinching use a Danish political party’s slogan and write ”You always know where you are with Søllerød Kro.”

Immediately when you arrive, you get the joy of anticipation, everyone is happy, and it feels as if you are stepping into the home of a good friend.

Instead of describing all our courses, I can just tell you that we decided on caviar, lobster, champagne and wine from Montrachet this time, as I would be doing you readers a great disservice by trying to comment and compliment how great everything tasted, there are not enough words in my vocabulary for that.

I asked the always smiling and charming restaurant manager Jan Restorff to choose our white wine, as I would never be able to decide if holding ”Denmark’s best wine list” in my hands, and he chose a Montrachet 2007, Folatieres, Domaine Leflaive, a fantastic wine, which went perfectly with lobster as well as caviar.

Our evening ended with a walk around the place, among other things to see the newly decorated reception rooms, which convinced me that this is the place for my next staff party, so you can look forward to that, my dear colleagues.

If you have not visited Søllerød Kro yet, book a table as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will be cheating yourself out of one of the few amazing gastronomic experiences in this world.

• Visited November 2011