“Perfect arrangement. 2th try”
Review of Kong Hans Kaelder

Kong Hans Kaelder
Ranked #131 of 2,572 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this basement situated restaurant in Copenhagen. This time is was a 'closed party' as we was attending a dinner after a christening.

The location for this family event was perfect. It worked really well from the champaign, present opening to the excellent dinner

The foods was really great and well tasting and just perfectly served.

I will definitely come back again or use it for private events in the future

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant for Valentines day 2013 with my wife and the experience was excellent
We had an early dinner but soon the restaurant which this day was decorated accordingly with red roses etc was quickly filled with romantic couples.
Expectations for this old danish institution of a restaurant were high but fully met.
Service was polite and present. The somelier was very competent and helpful in selecting excellent wines. The food was at high standard, plenty in volume and made to perfection
Only the extra snacks (compliment of the house) seemed to be trying (in terms of experimenting) a little too high
On their website they mention themselves that they aim to be ambitious without being snobbish - They accomplished this to perfection without ever loosing the feel of excelence !
A really goof experience at a high but fair price (value for money) and still a Danish institution worth a visit

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my friend take 3 degustation menu and wine paring . I like squab and ice-cream set. It's nice gurme experience!
Noma owner use to work hear many years ago.

1  Thank Roman B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to Kong Hans with three friends. My first time there and I must admit I had high expectations. They were almost met.

We were seated in the lounge area when we arrived and started off with champagne and some different and not usual snacks. A nice start to the evening. We went all-in and took the innovation menu and added an additional starter to that. For wine we went with the wine menu.

We got a table close to the kitchen so we could watch the chefs in action. I was happy to see that Thomas Rode was still in the kitchen and not to busy with being on tv.

The food was indeed excellent however the main course (pigeon) was disappointing and a bit plain and in the dessert you could only taste licorice. On the plus side was the 4 starters and the cheese plate where you could choose your own from a massive cheese wagon.

The service was excellent all night with ever feeling to much or impersonal.

When we left I did however leave with the feeling of my expectations not being fully met. This was partly to do with the main course and the dessert and also the wines served as part of the wine menu not being spectacular. I would not have expected this from Kong Hans and at this price level and therefore it's not a 5 rating.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

They have all the ingredients for a perfect evening.

Kong Hans is great food, superb wines, friendly and experienced waiters in a historical atmosphere.