“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Khun Juk Oriental

Khun Juk Oriental
Ranked #16 of 2,286 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Trondheim, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and wonderful service. I would return here again next time. Better Thai food than we had in Phuket, definitely!

Visited July 2014

East Sussex
“One of the best Asian/Thai restaurants I have visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

On a recent trip to Copenhagen, prior to embarking on a cruise, my partner and I decided to visit The Khun Juk Restaurant, following the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

The restaurant is a little tricky to find as it is situated in a courtyard and building behind the main street buildings. Access is gained through a small passageway.

Although the restaurant was busy and we had not made a reservation, a table was found for us without difficulty.

The menu offers a small range of starters and main courses with a more extensive choice a la carte.

I chose the mixed seafood salad as starters with roasted lamb to follow. My partner selected avocado with crab followed by duck for the main course.

The courses are made to order. My starter was one of the largest I have seen with plentiful assorted high quality seafood with some side seasonings. The dish was absolutely wonderful - although rather large for a starter. In many restaurants a portion such as this would have been regarded as the main course or even to be shared by two or more people.

Shortly afterwards, the roast lamb appeared. Again, extremely generous portions and superbly prepared. Unfortunately, due the size of the starter, I was unable to complete the main course. A matter of deep regret.

My partner’s selection was equally large and of excellent quality.

The staff were extremely attentive without being persistent and we both thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any one having a liking for Asian/Thai cuisine, but advise ensuring one does not eat too much prior to arrival.

You will not be disappointed.

Thank you for a memorable evening.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank silver_squirrel
“Best Thai Experience in CPH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Not only best Thai experience one of the best restaurants I've visited!! Food was great, I even noticed on their menu they have a starter with 6 small plates and they called it Thaipass comparing to Spanish Tapas, very Creative!!
Staff were amazing very friendly, helpful, generous as we finished our bottle of wine and they saw us still sitting there and enjoying the good decoration, vibe, atmosphere outside they brought us another two glass of wine on the house which was really nice of them..
And as we stayed till basically they wanted to close, I went to the toilet and was so nice seeing all the staff from Thailand gathered as a family enjoying their meal and they kept asking me to join them, very friendly people.
It's a must visit restaurant, I am sure you will enjoy the whole experience.

1 Thank Marianne S
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We discovered this little restaurant on a recent weekend trip.We found the food and the service to be of a very high standard. We had not booked but still managed to get a table on a Saturday night.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary F
Helsinki, Finland
“Great little hidden restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant after a workday and it was quite hard to find as it is located at a courtyard. I sat outside on a rainy day and enjoyed the heaters.

Service was quite average and slow, but polite. Staff was probably planned to cover the inside tables of the restaurant, so terrace was kind of extra burden for them.

Asian Food was very good and I would definitely go again. Reservations are recommended as the place is quite small.

Visited June 2014