“A great experience”

Alberto K
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Alberto K is closed!
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wonderful views and food. Good and attentive staff. Not cheap but you really can't ask for much more.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

What an amazing experience. The quality of the food was matched only by its inventive presentation. Amazingly attentive service coupled with a wonderful series of independent amuse bouche courses made the meal at Alberto K a treat. If I had to criticize one thing I would say that the building in which the restaurant is located is somewhat dated. Otherwise a spectacular experience.

1  Thank ModernEdge
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had the 7 course menu and the accompanying "normal" 7 glass wine menu. Every time we got the next course and wine, we were amazed how well the wine fit the food, so it's highly recommended to try that. Service was great and all the waiters were friendly and efficient.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A great evening on top of Copenhagen. If it was just for a cup of coffee, I could stay for hours just for the view. But the service and the food was also top of Copenhagen. We had the large menu and bought wine on the side. Great menu, with lots of small surprises. Smoked ingredients seem to be in fashion right now, because the day before it was the same at AOC. And if I have to compare the two (and that is possible since we had dinner on both in two days) I have to say that AOC wins with a tiny margin. This was however a great evening and I shall most likely be back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I visited Alberto K with a good friend and we were very excited, but had little idea of what to actually expect. The restaurant is placed on level 20 on top of the historic Radisson Blu Royal.
It's rare to have a perfect dinning experience, usually I always find something that could be improved, however, the Alberto K and it's waiters managed to give us just that.
From the moment we arrive we are greeted warmly, our coats are taken and we are shown to our table, chairs are pulled out for us. First we take in the sheer majestic view of Copenhagen, the lights are overwhelming. Kitchen is centered in the middle of the restaurant resulting in all tables being placed out against the side of the glass walls allowing each table to make the most of the spectacular view.
Our waiter comes over to talk to us immediately, asking if we are comfortable and to make sure whether or not we have any allergies? My friend is allergic to nuts, this is noted, and the waiter continues discussing our beverages. As it happenes neither me or my friend find enjoyment in wine. It turns out the restaurant has a number of non alcoholic choices, and as the evening progresses we enjoy 3 lovely beverages, grape cider, apple juice with a mild sparkle and a pear juive with a mild sparkle. When enjoying these beverages it becomes apparent that these aren't just poor substitutes for people who have not learned to appreciate wine. No, these selections truly complimented our dishes in a way a generic Coca Cola just would not have been able to.
As for the food itself we enjoyed the 7 course menu consisting of 2 appetizers, 3 main courses, and 2 desserts. I simply have no words to describe how incredible well the craftmanshift of these courses are. I can't even pick a favourite of the 7........they were all so well-balanced, immaculate seasoned (there were no salt or peber on the table, nor any need for it) and quite striking to look at. With each dish followed a description of what was on the plate given by our waiter.
The service was the most attentive and most honest I have ever received. It is evident that the excellent waiting staff is not just performing a day-to-day job, going through the motions. This staff is living and breathing the restaurant with a sense of pride and professionalism not matched anywhere elese I have been. They were by our side every time my glass was reaching low and it was promptly refilled. Each time I finished a roll of bread another one appeared next to me. I left to use the ladies room and upon returning the waiter walking just behind me switched direction and went with me to my seat to pull out my chair!
Despite being paid this much attention it never overshadowed the food our the interaction with my friend, it was always subtle and refined. Dinning in a place where the service and food is so well orchastrated really made us feel comfortable, safe and welcome.
We were swept away and want to extend a thank you to everyone working; you gave us a truly unique experience.