“I like it very much”

House of Souls
Ranked #432 of 2,695 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I first tried the restaurant four or five years ago when I travelled frequently to Copenhagen. I have come there infrequently since then when my travel brings me to Copenhagen. The menu has changed over time, but I tend to stick with the beef. Which is very, very good. Was there two weeks ago with some colleagues. The food was as good as ever, and my colleagues liked the restaurant as much as I did.

1  Thank Nimo1956

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went to House of Souls with two good friends a Fridays evening.
The food is very tasty New Orleans stylish. We all went for their local version of Surf'n'Turf - good stuff. What however takes it to a 4-star rating was the cosy, fresh waiter who handled/entertained us very well through out the evening.

1  Thank JakobT-DK
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I picked up the idea on TRIP...I liked the atmosphere, the old soul music, the poeple working there, the architecture of the place, what I had in my plate...just enjoyed it...and I'll be back!
Ps:I came pretty late 09:40 and there were just a few poeple, that wednesday.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent food in West Indian-sized portions; jerk chicken was extremely spicy...make sure you factor in the service time: very much 'soon come'

Reviewed October 13, 2013

In the fa north of Europe you would not expect spicy caribean food, but something that is customed to northern europeans. Nvertheless chef-cook in Souls dare to make dishes spicy, even hot all according to the original recipe from his own Barbados. Interestingly you think that you will taste sharpeness and nothing else, but all ingredients are wel tasteable and flavours to compliment each other. Off course it is not high cuisine but it is straight forward carbean cookery and if you are open for original flavours of paprika, mango and peppers with tasteful fish or meat it is a perfect place. Not very expensive, very helpfull and joyfull service. Chef cook can be loud in the kitchen but staff is definitely not under pressure and stays profesinally working.Choice of wine is good, all full bodied so they accompany tastefull dishes well. Beef Bayou is a favourite of cook.