“Funky little place”
Review of Atlas bar

Atlas bar
Ranked #185 of 2,926 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Exotic menu, perhaps a little random, but because of that all the more interesting. Dishes you won`t find anywhere else (a mix of oriental foods ranging from pakastani to japanese to ...).

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend and I found this small restaurant upon recommendation of someone we met on our first day in Copenhagen. Atlas Bar, which is slightly lower than street level, was a short walk from our hotel near the Tivoli Gardens. At 9pm on a summers evening the place was full but we found a table located near the kitchen and bar. We had delicious food, wild mushroom risotto and grilled lamb kebab, and the atmosphere was comfortable and sophisticated. The woman tending the bar and serving us was efficient, welcoming and informative.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to it and happened to stop just outside; and as it was recommended in our guide we decided to try. We ate in the downstairs restaurant. It is cosy and it has an eclectic but interesting selection of dishes in the the menu. We all ate different starters and mains, and really enjoyed our dishes. I visited it again a few days later and was very pleased once again. It is good value for money as portions are generous. Reservations maybe required on weekends as the place is small and people do reserve, I was lucky to find a table for one.

1  Thank JonnyAndLottie
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Atlas Bar was recommended in my guide to Copenhagen as a place with "exotic food". It sounded interesting so I decided to give it a shot. It's located in an individual area of town and is located in a colourful basement.

The atmosphere is very casual. The food portions are really large so I was very well fed. I ordered the Japanese beef teriyaki which was enormous. The meat was nice, but the sauce was a little thin. I didn't like the extra vegetables provided as I have never seen them provided with beef teriyaki and felt they didn't add value to the meal.

Unfortunately, the toilet is located in another building which is in the middle of building works, which isn't that great. Hopefully the building will be in a better state when others visit.

I'd say this is a decent place to stop by for a proper meal, but not necessarily the best place to go for Asian food in the capital.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

A staff member at our hotel recommended this restaurant.   We loved the funky downstairs space buzzing with happy people enjoying conversation with friends and great food!   The portions are large-- my plate came with two large fishcakes (cod and salmon) and 3 fresh delicious salads (cabbage, fingerling potato, and fresh tomato/cucumber.)  My husband liked his lamb tenderloin also with 3 (different) salads.   That should have been enough food but we ordered rhubarb cake for dessert.  When we are in Copenhagen again, we will return to Atlas Bar.

Date of visit: May 2012