“Be prepared for a whole evening of dining.”
Review of Kiin Kiin

Kiin Kiin
Ranked #29 of 2,462 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Noerrebro
Denmark
“Be prepared for a whole evening of dining.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A lovely restaurant in the north side of Copenhagen. The area is a melting pot of cultures, smells and flavours and is a must. By the door we were welcomed by the owner which was a nice touch. It was a set menu and which startet with many small starters and an aperitif in the lounge. This took between 30-45 min. wereafter we were escorted up to the main dining area. We ordered the wine menu to complement the food which was lovely. The dinner cost 775 dkr. and the wine menu 825 dkr., so it's not a cheap experience.
Worth the price, hmm... I don't know. But as a guest you definitely felt that the waiters were attentive and there to serve and please, which is not something Danes normally are that good at. Over all it was a lovely evening with great taste experiences and unpeckable service.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank LeeDenmark

Europe
“Perfection”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Awesome place...Be sure to be on time, or even a little early, so you have enough time to really enjoy the pre-dinner mini-snacks in their lounge...they are outstanding! Excellent service. Cosy and elegant interior. Perfect combination of gastronomic creativity and classic quality. Kiin Kiin's got their stuff right!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Extraordinary Thai food in a relaxed enviroment”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I visited Kiin kiin together with a large group of co-workers, which meant that the menu had been preselected. The atmosphere and service is nothing less than great, if it was not for the temperature of 15 degrees outside I would have mistaken me for being at a posh restaurant in Bangkok.

If you are visiting Copenhagen and would like a untraditional alternative Kiin Kiin is a great choice.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Journeyma
Dublin, Ireland
“Not sure it's worth the money”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We visited Kiin Kiin recently to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. Yes, the food is nice but for me, it didn't warrant the cost. I certainly was not blown away, and I'd have expected to be wowed by the food given the Michelin star and previous reviews.

I personally found there to be far too much food too quickly. Around 10 little appetisers before we were even brought to the table somewhat spoiled my appetite. It was too warm in the restaurant too which to led to an overall feeling of queasiness rather than enjoyment. The pace slowed a little as it progressed but, for me, the damage was done. They missed a foie gras course off our menu but the last thing I wanted was another course so didn't mention it. I found a lot of courses to be too acidic which didn't help. My favourite part of the meal were the desserts as they were lighter and more balanced in flavour.

Our table was not upstairs but in the basement. Maybe some would find this more intimate but personally I dislike rooms without windows. I also disliked the fact when we arrived, we were offered a drink and were not made aware of what the cost would be. I asked to see a drinks menu to choose, but was informed that a menu did not exist. I'd likely have ordered the expensive glass of champagne regardless but didn't appreciate that the cost was not transparent. Like some of the other reviewers mentioned, our server demanded a lot of attention to listen to stories and laugh at his jokes. And he talked too much to the point of being intrusive.

Overall, it wasn't for me and I wouldn't return. Give me a simple Thai meal any day!

3 Thank DCM_Dublin
Sydney, Australia
“Nice food, average service”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very creative food but service was haphazard and awkward (like the comment: "why are you drinking your wine quickly?", or the total lack of attention one waiter in particular gave us all night until the bill was presented to us). Great flavours, but expensive for what it is. Spend a little bit more and you can have an extraordinary meal at Louise in the Nimb.

2 Thank jirrupin