Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
dinu79
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Modern, Clean, Spacious, highly recommended

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 20, 2019
I stayed here for 2 night, from Sept 8 through 10. This has been the best Meininger I have stayed at. I have stayed at Meininger Amsterdam, Salzburg and Brussels.

The lobby, lounge, kitchen and common areas are spacious and very comforting.
Good for solo, groups, families and even business travellers.

Location is the best - just 1 min walk from the central station.
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Nov 3, 2019
Thank you for your positive comments, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your next stay and just around the corner, we will be happy to welcome you back!

$191
2.9 miles from Urban House Copenhagen by MEININGER
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Copenhagen
4,549 results
All reviews central station common areas private bathroom nice bar your luggage family room perfect location city centre tivoli gardens lockers hostel dorm laundry checkin train storage corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2019

stayed here in July. It was very clean and new. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. I loved that the shower was in the room and that we didnt have to go out of the room to use the bathroom. the only thing that was kind of odd was that in the middle of the room there were two beds that were pushed together, almost like it was forming a queen. the room was far too small to accomodate 6 people. If you were assigned a bed in the middle of the room and you didnt know the person who was next to you, you would end up pretty much sharing a bed with a stranger.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank mejrima i
Urban H, Front Office Manager at Urban House Copenhagen by MEININGER, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2019

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take it into consideration when evaluating changes to our procedures and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2019 via mobile

The property is located within walking minutes of the Copenhagen Central Station, Tivoli Gardens and the Copenhagen City Hall Square. It had a great location that was buzzing with activity so as a solo traveler I didn’t feel alone. The staff were cordial and helpful. It had a good breakfast buffet at a reasonable price. The single private room is comfortable and the bathroom is spacious. They have free wi-fi that worked perfectly from my room and the lobby.

The property is popular with people from all walks of life but the noise level was left unchecked. Even after 9:00 pm, children were left by their parents to run up and down the corridors that had wooden floors. Also, although the staff were amiable about it, the property is not flexible about check-in times. These are the only downside otherwise it is a comfortable place to stay for a few nights.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank LouTravel919
Urban H, Reservations at Urban House Copenhagen by MEININGER, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2019

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your next stay and just around the corner. Contact us if there is anything else we can help you with.

Reviewed September 30, 2019

The 6 bed mixed dorm was extremely clean and neat. The bed was very comfortable and cozy. I did not try their breakfast as you have convenient stores nearby with cheaper options. The bathrooms were extremely clean as their housekeeping team do a very fine job. It is just right next to the railway station.
It is a very busy hostel and the lobby is always buzzing.

2  Thank shankarram17

Dear Traveler. We are pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2019

Generally a good hostel, however, a few aspects do stop it from being a great place.

We stayed in a 10 person dorm, and although clean, one bathroom/toilet was shared between 10 people. This often led to waits in the morning for other people to use the facilities before your turn. I understand that in a dorm you obviously share the facilities, but one extra toilet/shower would have been ideal.

With hindsight, I would be inclined to spend a little extra and stay somewhere nicer. As long as you are not expecting any form of luxury, this hostel is fine to stay in for a few nights.

2  Thank KS0197

Dear Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed September 21, 2019

Perfectly nice hostel with good decor, good bar, nice staff in the hip meatpacking district in CPH. However I had an experience here unlike anything I've ever experienced anywhere in the world and feel it renders it somewhere to be very very cautious of staying in.

I booked late on hotels.com and arrived at about 11pm on Friday 20th September. Pleasant enough check in and a nice if basic room (terrible shower but the place was cheap).

At 130am a member of staff at the hotel woke me from a deep sleep by opening the door to my room and entering. He was abrupt, seemed tired and stressed and was generally indifferent to any protestation about what the hell he was doing in a room I'd paid for in the early hours of the morning.

He came all the way into the room without any effort to check who else was there or whether I was dressed (barely) and gave little by way of explanation for the intrusion. Befuddled I wrote down my name and he left. I then spent a wide awake full of adrenalin hour or two feeling a) very very shocked that this could happen in a hotel in a non authoritarian country and b) wondering if I should be worried that this person was some kind of intruder, had stolen from the room, was off to burst into other guest rooms etc.

The next morning at reception the first person I spoke to first of all refused to let me speak to the person in charge and then seemed to think that "this sort of thing happens and we need to check who is in rooms from time to time" is an acceptable answer. When I said that I expected a refund he laughed and said that wouldn't be happening.

When I spoke to the manager she was at least apologetic. She promised that the matter would be raised with the operations team (???) and offered "something from the bar" to make up for it.

I just don't find any of that acceptable, I would not want my kids or their friends staying in this hostel and would suggest other guests should be very very wary. They have no locks on doors and staff appear to have access anywhere in the hostel late at night. I think that it was a member of staff rather than an intruder but still haven't had a very good explanation as to what makes it ok to intrude into a guest room at night other than "another guest with my name was staying".

I would love to hear from the management or owners of this place and have a proper explanation of this and I'm going to write to the authorities in Copenhagen to understand if there are any protections in place for travellers in Denmark who want to be able to sleep securely. This is not some sort of cheap hostel. It was a private room with a fairly hefty price.

Room tip: Best to check the security in all of them. Probably best to avoid altogether particularly if you're a solo traveller.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business