“unfriendly, poor service, worse food”

A Hereford Beefstouw
Ranked #272 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went here after we visited Tivoli and were unpleasantly surprised that there are also unfriendly Danish people. I think we got the last available table, everybody had to pass our table, both guests for the salad bar as the waiters. I asked for a diet coke, the waiter brought me a drink that looked and tasted like 7up. I said No, I ordered diet coke and he replied Yes, we have our own brand. This is Diet Coke. Then the food came. I ordered a sirloin steak, which is supposed to be a beautiful piece of meat. Fat was all over, the meat was a bit burned and not worthy being called beef. I tried to order Mayonaise; the first waiter said nothing. the second waiter told me We have no maynaise, do you want Ketchup? Yes please and he was never to be seen again, and the 3rd waiter brought us the ketchup, after ordering it with him. We were really disappointed and paid the check which was Euro 117 ! For that kind of money we have a very very nice diner in The Netherlands.

1  Thank Karin1

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The service may not have reached the five star level but the food and value for money were outstanding.
Being a lover of meat and in particular steaks I can say without a doubt that the steak that I was served was not only cooked to perfection(medium rare) but tasted sublime.
Sad that we did not have the time to go back for another meal

Reviewed June 12, 2013

In a city like Copenhagen, the lunch at Hereford Beefstouw was definitely worth it's price. I ordered a lamb steak for 99DKK. Even though it seemed llike a small piece of meat, I was full from it. The salad bar was nothing special and unless you simply need some veg, it can be missed.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have been twice within the last month. The food is ok. Not great or even good. Just ok. The price is good (for Copenhagen)..99dkk (approx $18) for a very simple lunch course. However, both times the service was bad. The first visit we were just mostly neglected by our waiter. We thought maybe because it was a little busy. The second visit our waiter (and the others) were downright hostile. When our drink came out wrong, the waiter looked pissed that we told him. He was unwilling to explain what the lunch special was. The menu describes it as a daily special of fish, meat, and cheese. It states to ask your waiter. When I asked, he looked irritated and said "It's fish and it's a meat". When I pressed for more he said, "It's usually salmon". After we got our food no one ever came by to see if we needed anything and we had to flag our server down just to get the check when it was time to pay. My advice...dont go.

1  Thank lrhughes
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I visited this place twice and that tells that the quality was so good that I didn't want to take risk on other places. Service was excellent and fast, lunch was good.