“A great little surprise”
Review of Restaurant LeLe

Restaurant LeLe
Reserve with
Restaurant LeLe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 2,570 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: IF YOU DON'T FIND AN AVAILABLE TABLE ON TRIPADVISOR PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL BOOKING OPTIONS. At Restaurant LeLe the kitchen is authentic, Vietnamese cuisine, marching to the beat of modern and international tendencies. The food at Restaurant LeLe is simple, yet the flavors are filled with nuances. Whether you are into sweet, salty, sour, hot, crisp or mild, there are plenty of tasty dishes to choose from. Restaurant LeLe is the beating heart of LeLe, which also comprises five street food restaurants and a food truck called LeLe Street Kitchen. The restaurant is where all of the inspiration and culinary development originates from, and where new and ingenious dishes are continuously thought out by Executive Chef, Vincent Chaisy - with a Michelin background - as well as Co-owner, Anh Le. On weekdays the ambience at Restaurant LeLe is cozy and relaxed. On Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, you will instantly feel the urban vibe. In the middle of the dining area you will find the bar which functions as both a pre-dinner-drinks bar and a cocktail bar. If you are looking for a special location with a private entrance, bar and wardrobe for an event, the private dining room can be booked. The private dining room has been used on numerous occasions for both receptions, product launches and exclusive, private dining.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to have dinner in Copenhagen at short notice and stumbled across LeLe. We went in with not much expectation but the food was very good, we had a great bottle of wine and the staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful. We had a fantastic dinner than turned out to be much better than we expected at such short notice.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lovely place to experience the modern Vietnamese cuisine in Copenhagen. Excellent presentation and service. Not to mention the delicious food.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

First of all, do not even bother showing up without reservations, on a weekend night that may translate into a two hours waiting time! And even if you do book, the host will get you seated at the bar for a little bit (I suppose it is a way to push people to get drinks at the bar).

The restaurant inside is very big, I'd say it can easily seat 100 people or more. A bit loud but a very nice atmosphere with dimmed lights. The menu is not very big but has some tasty dishes. The friend I was with just loved her main course! We had a Polish waiter which was super energetic and very friendly. I did particularly appreciate that each time a dish is brought to the table, a member of the staff explains what it is, what it contains and advises how to eat it.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Me and my girlfriend visited the restaurant the 2. of september. Boy, do I regret that,,,

I must admit that the food was fresh, the staff and interior nice, but that is it. Being a vietnamese guy growing up with A LOT of vietnamese food, I am sad to say that the flavour in this resturant is the poorest of any vietnamese dish that i have ever eaten.(Belive me, I have traveled to Vietnam 7 times and stayed there over two months each time+I grew up with vietnamse food).

It's not so authentic in flavour. Pho(Needs more nuoc mam and thit bo), a traditional vietnamese noodlesoup, is a dish that I have had over hundreds of places, and Nha hang LeLe have the poorest one ever. The price was expensive and the taste was missing. The caramelised(To sweet and needs more saltyness) pork was weird and papaya salad(Needs moore nuoc mam, papaya and sour!) was just straight up BAD!

However, the desert was a pleasant surprise. I had the condensed-milk ice-cream and it was lovely. An awesome twist to this dish was that it had shaved ice, which was made from vietnamese coffe, on top of the ice-cream.

I will never again eat at this place because of the price and quality. It also was to noisy for me and I felt like the "flavour" was customized for the western part of the world. I will rather eat at another vietnamese restaurant for half the price and get more authentic quality.

So very sorry chi Nga. Your restaurant dissapointed me BIG Time . Em tam biet.

1  Thank TrungNaUy
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited LeLe in July 2013 after having heard only good reviews about it. And it was indeed a very nice place, the interior is welcoming and the setup of tables and decorations are put nicely together and makes the place stand out compared to other Vietnamese restaurants. The food came rather quickly and was decent, nothing special though, however their drinks were nice and especially their homemade lemonade! Price wise a little over the top for the quality but definitely a place I would like to visit again.