“Nice Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant LeLe

Restaurant LeLe
Reserve with
Restaurant LeLe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 2,311 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Contemporary, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: At Restaurant LêLê the kitchen is authentic, Vietnamese cuisine, marching to the beat of modern and international tendencies. The food at Restaurant LêLê is simple, yet the flavors are filled with nuances. Whether you are into sweet, salty, sour, hot, crisp or mild, there are plenty of tasty dishes to choose from. Restaurant LêLê is the beating heart of LêLê, which also comprises five street food restaurants and a food truck called LêLê Street Kitchen. The restaurant is where all of the inspiration and culinary development originates from, and where new and ingenious dishes are continuously thought out by Executive Chef, Vincent Chaisy - with a Michelin background - as well as Co-owner, Anh Lê. On weekdays the ambience at Restaurant LêLê is cozy and relaxed. On Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, you will instantly feel the urban vibe. In the middle of the dining area you will find the bar which functions as both a pre-dinner-drinks bar and a cocktail bar. If you are looking for a special location with a private entrance, bar and wardrobe for an event, the private dining room can be booked. The private dining room has been used on numerous occasions for both receptions, product launches and exclusive, private dining.
Miami, Florida
“Nice Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my first time eating vietnamese to be honest. I went with colleagues from work, and I and one of my colleagues shared a dish for two people. It was very good, all the options were amazing, but I have to say it was not enough for two. I ended up still hungry.... However, the one person portions looked plenty, and the guys they said it was perfect and plenty.

I would go again, but I'll be wiser next time in what to order. Maybe a first to share and then a main. Or the same dish but with a first dish. Definitely.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bett76

Catania, Italy
“decent vietnameese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

this is a small restaurant,nice street food ambient decor.
I ve found the price very expensive compare to others vietnameese restaurant all around the world,anyway we tested the lunch formula with 1 dishe+ 1 drink and this was acceptable.the soup was delicous.anyway nothing special but quiet good

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Limited and startlingly expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I know Gordon Ramsay advises restaurants to offer a small choice of options on the menu and aim for quality over quantity, LeLe have aimed at this with their menu but missed the mark by some margin.

The food was fairly bland, which I found somewhat odd, but perhaps more to Scandinavian tastes than I am used to in England. The portion sizes were ok, and the presentation of the food very attractive. The food itself was a disappointment though, it just wasn't right. I suspect that they use a lot of MSG in their food, but could be wrong, but the taste of the food just wasn't up to the look of it, or what I expected and hoped for, and I had my typical reaction to an over MSG'ed meal, a sleepless night!

If you have food allergies you would be better advised to try somewhere else, I have a serious food allergy and explained at length to the waitress about this, to her credit she suggested only two things on the menu, one from the starter men and one from the main course menu, were suitable, and we'd be advised to try somewhere else. But my colleague was tired so I plumped for those options.

My colleague had a couple of very interesting deep fried rice things with his meal that looked seriously appetising, on trying them he was sadly let down, they were cold, stodgy, tasted funny, and were bordering on unpleasant, he left the majority untouched which is unusual as he normally is a clear the plate down to the makers mark type of person.

The quality of service was very good, you seem to get an endless procession of different people, one to show you to the table, one to discuss the menu, one to take the order, one to bring the drinks, another to bring the food, the in-meal waiter, and the post meal chat waiter. My favourite was the in-meal waiter who was the single most obsequious waiter I've ever had, he was superb entertainment, he reminded me in some ways of Peter Lorre with his accent, but his attention to detail and his close attention to us as customers was faultless. I am glad I didn't visit the toilets as if he'd been in there I shudder to think of the services and help he would be able to offer!

The wine list was outstanding, odd compared to two pages of food items to have around 10 pages of wines, ranging from the expensive to the "how much!!!". I had a beer, which was also expensive.

I rather like the interior of the venue, it was busy, a little noisy, but not overly so.

If you aren't looking for something out of this world, looking to pay slightly over the odds for the name of the venue, and aren't bothered by the limited menu choice then there are far worse places to eat in Copenhagen, but the problem is for the same money there are much better places to eat as well!

Would I eat there again? If paying myself then a very clear no, if being taken there by someone else then yes, if looking for a venue for a corporate event i would look elsewhere first and use this as a fallback.

Copenhagen
“Quick no-nonsence Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great for trying Vietnamese as the menu is quite cheap although that is not attributable to poor quality. Great food - perfect for pre drinks!

Visited May 2013
Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Very good food and excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

At the time I posted on Facebook: "Very strange being in Denmark on a project meeting where the lingua franca is English, eating in a Vietnamese restaurant and speaking German to the Bavarian waitress.Truly intercultural times..."

The food was very very good and our Bavarian waitress provided fast and very friendly service in stylish surroundings. But they make you pay for it :-/ Three beers and a three course meal came to about 70 EUR (58 GBP)