“Fresh, delicious, and worth it”
Review of Formel B

Formel B
Ranked #81 of 2,350 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighborhood: Frederiksberg
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fresh, delicious, and worth it”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This lovely restaurant was walking distance from our hotel. The waiter recommended four dishes which turned out to be the perfect amount. The service was good. They had a good wine list.

• Visited February 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Fancy”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's a fancy restaurant compared to most of the laid back places we ate in Copenhagen. The food is very good, but the place felt a little stuffy. The dishes are innovative but the service was lacking. There was not much detailed explanation about the composition of the dishes and when I asked why there was like slabs of short ribs in two of my dishes, the waitress ignored my question.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a fantastic meal. One orders as many or as few courses as one wishes. Each of the dishes I had was beautiful in conception, in looks, and in taste.

The first course was Baeri (farmed) caviar with pea ice cream and raw peas. Amazing idea that worked beautifully. The raw peas were unbelievably sweet. The ice cream was perfect. The caviar - well, it's farmed caviar and I think I might have preferred salmon roe, although the color combination would be jarring rather than felicitious.

The second dish was foie gras toast. OMG. That was one of the best dishes I've ever eaten. I talked to a server at Radio about it and she too had had it recently and was also agog at how great it was. It is several layers, with a lot going on, and the flavours of cherry, foie gras, wood sorrel, and toast meshed beautifully.

The third dish was morels with asparagus and morel sauce. The morels had been stuffed with a morel puree. What a surprise - one expected a hollow inside but, no, one encountered this delicious puree. The asparagus were bright green and perfectly cooked. The morel cream sauce was heavenly.

The dessert was a bit of a letdown - rhubarb with a caramel semi-mousse and a sorbet.

Wines are excruciatingly expensive - the sole major minus.

Service was slightly spotty, with one server not up to the competence of the other two, who were professional and cordial.

This restaurant and Radio were my two best meals (I didn't go to Noma). Another excellent meal was Aamanns Etablissement, but I only had a light lunch there.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank wea74
London, United Kingdom
“Genuinely impressed. Well worth the michelin star”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Danish-style tapas from a michelin starred restaurant. sounds good? it is. Each dish was 130 kr (£14) and about the size of an appetizer. Allowed us to mix and match and there were some genuinely tasty combinations (the langustines, the nove pork and potatoes, smoked salmon)... but save room for dessert! We tried two, and the strawberries and anise one was devine. Throw in 4 glasses of good wine, 1 glass dessert wine and the total bill was kr 1700 (£180)... well worth it for the meal. Only painful part of the night was the 10min cab ride that cost us 160kr! Real rip off!

5 Thank CdnUkPlat
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I went there this weekend, after reading the review here.
The food was excellent, and the service as well!
We both chose 5 dishes including dessert. I can highly recommend all the dishes I had; the langoustines, the turbot with veal tails, the pigeon and the roebuck were all amazing, both in taste and presentation. The dessert was also wonderful.
The waitress was very helpful, and chose great wine to go with the dishes.
All in all - a great experience, and I will recommend this restaurant to everybody I know going to Copenhagen!

• Visited June 2012