“Lucky.”

Neighborhood: Inner Vesterbro
Trondheim, Norway
“Lucky.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I didn't know much except civilized hunger and the name of the restaurant when I decided to eat at Famo, but I will certainly visit them on purpose the next time I travel to Copenhagen.

I was greeted by a friendly waitress who made sure I knew the workings of a fixed menu before she accommodated me with a seat. I ordered something to drink and the food started arriving a few minutes later.

The first plate of anti-pasti convinced me I had made a good choice. This was food I could enjoy. I smiled. Then the plates of anti-pasti kept arriving. I'm hard pressed to remember anything but the tastes of what I was eating. I think I entered some strange food trance.

The zucchini pasta was good and the rabbit too. The lemon pie tasted delightfully sour and was balanced off by a sweet and airy mascarpone cream (with a hint of vanilla). I exited the restaurant perfectly full. I have no problem recommending this place to anyone as it was also a very fair price for a four-course meal!

The atmosphere of the restaurant was very laidback and I was even engaged in conversation by another patron when our respective meals were done.

Great place, I will be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Damnshoes

Kyrenia, Cyprus
“High Quality Intense Italian Feast”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Between the three Famo restaurants in Copenhagen I must have made over twenty visits in 2012. Go very hungary. The anti pasta itself is enormous but glorious.

Visited July 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A good night out”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My most recent visit was just before Christmas, a time when may Danish restaraunts have very similar menus.

Not so here and their usual high standard of food and was maintained despite it being busy.

I consider the food to be of a very high standard and good value for money.

People need to be aware that there is no choice in the food but what one does get tastes and looks great.

I have been here with work colleagues, friends and family and each time it was a delight.

• Visited December 2012
“Very friendly and accommodating”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Following a lonely planet recommendation we visited Famo on a cold Monday night. As a vegetarian I was worried about the 'set menu' but the staff were more than happy to help and made me a vege option without any fuss. We made the mistake of eating too much of the tasty bread which made it a struggle to get through the rest of the plentiful food! Good antipasti, really lovely fetuccini, tasty main course (aubergine lasagne for me) and an amazing lemon tart. The food was good value - the only minus was the prohibitively expensive wine list, which was only listed by the bottle and not by the glass. Lovely prosecco though. I would definitely recommend Famo to a friend for an experience that is more than just a meal out.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Dull, uninspired.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not something i wish to repeat. I had the only thing they have, the set menu. The anti-pasti was acceptable, but only just. Most things were quite bland, a bit on the acidic side, and rosemary all over everything, but lacking in basic seasoning like salt and pepper. Pasta dish was quite foul, tasteless and pretentious. The meatdish again underseasoned, with undestinguishable vegetables, smothered in balsamic vinegar. And again with rosemary. The dessert was the best of the meal, at least no rosemary, but still not memorable.
Not an experience i wish to repeat.

• Visited December 2012