“Great vegetarian food”
Review of RizRaz

RizRaz
Reserve with
RizRaz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 2,728 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Egyptian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Modern Mediterranean Cuisine in the heart of Copenhagen. RizRaz has had its roots in the city since 1989, and has made a strong impression ever since. The vegetarian buffet combined with the diverse a la carte offers a great dining experience.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great vegetarian buffet, lasagne, eggplant, humus, and more. Excellant value. 110 dkr plus beer or wine.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My partner and I often have lunch in this locale on Saturdays. We initially went into a Cafe just over the road from Riz Raz, at exactly midday, only to be told "we're not open, the Chef hasn't turned up". OK then, time to check out Riz Raz.

We had the standard weekend brunch each. We were shown upstairs (we didn't want to sit outside) and there's a *very* large dining space on the first floor, light and airy, plenty of windows - I was impressed. Table for two, by the window. Perfect. The brunch (downstairs) was very comprehensively stocked, with plenty of eating options, including all the usual suspects - sausages, scrambled eggs, felafel, lasagne (vegetarian I think), pancakes, pizza, fresh sliced bread and bread rolls. In addition, on the other side of the gangway, was a large selection of cold meats and vegetable, meat, fish and pasta salads - very nice looking, too. And the obligatory sliced smoked salmon. Also available, a small variety of cheese (3 types when I was looking), crackers, plus what I think was Greek-style set yogurt and fresh fruit, including strawberries and bananas. Really attractive, fresh looking food, and I was impressed.

Our waitress gave us our Cola Light (with no ice, as requested) and as soon as our glasses were approaching empty, we were offered refills (free refills, part of the brunch deal) -this happened 3 times. Good, smiley and friendly service - I liked it.

The food was generally pretty good (I didn't like the sausages, my partner didn't like the Lasagne - this just down to personal taste, there was nothing wrong with either of them), and of course we were able to go and refill our plates whenever we wanted. Twice, in both our cases. So : good location, very nice premises, friendly, helpful & efficient staff, good quality fresh food.

The price was really quite good for a downtown cafe - 270 dk for lunch for two, as much as you can eat and drink, we felt no pressure to move on or hurry up. And the bathroom was clean, fresh and tidy, with a log book showing when it was last cleaned. Very good.

What more can you ask?

**Please note that when the 'weekend brunch' is running, you can't order from an À la carte menu - it just isn't there during weekend brunch. The brunch is what there is.

1  Thank nick e
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Eventhough RizRaz is famous for their vegetables and the offers hereoff. They have amazing steaks with garlic butter that is served to you on a wood platter.. this is delicious and you should definately give it a try :)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Eating out often miss out eating vegetables. Riz Raz is an exception to this norm. You can eat as much vegetable as you like for 99DKK in the evening. I was pleased to see Okla curry with rice included. Lasagne was nice, too. I had a lot to eat but I didn't suffer indigestion. Eating out can be pricy in Copenhagen so it is a good place to fill yourself up.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a restaurant, where the food i mainly vegetarian. They have a big viegtarian buffet. I can´t stress any specific piece of the food that is paticularly good, but don´t have any bad memories either. The price is cheap. I have been there a couple of times with groups.