“Horrible”

Restaurant Godt
Ranked #236 of 2,696 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We thought this restaurant had a high standard, instead, we were badly treated and almost degraded because we did not eat pork. The restaurant had no menu and they had already decided what the guests should eate, without first consulting with their guests. The worst part was, however, the female waitress attitude. She barely looked at our direction, did not bother to take our orders and refused to speak English when we did not understand her Danish. We felt unwelcome, and I suspect that it had to do with the fact that two of the guests were foreigners and that we were a relatively young company. Overall, I do not understand how this restaurant been awarded a Michelin star!

6  Thank doktorand

Reviewed May 29, 2011

Our last day in Copenhagen, and we could not have spend it in a better way.
Perfect seasonal menu, excellent wines to accompany the food, and the
atmosphere in this tiny friendly family restaurant, was just the perfect end
on our trip to Copenhagen.
Not many places do you find mom and dad with their daughters working side by side, turning out the best meal we had.
This small gem has the most unique feel.
Do yourself a favour – don’t miss.

18  Thank F-Woll
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Possibly the best meal I have had in Copenhagen in 20 years of visiting!

I booked dinner for 3 through the concierge, and when we got there my dinner companions were concerned at the price since it was going to be charged as a business dinner. The setting of the restaurant is also a little odd as it is a very small storefront with a balcony with a couple of tables just up some steps from the front entrance. After some hesitation, and based on reviews here, we sucked it up and went in. The "European French Cuisine" was fantastic!

We started with a caviar and egg dish served as an amuse bouche, followed by a rabbit and escargot salad over lettuce that was one of the best dishes I have ever tasted. I also had failed to inform the restaurant during booking that one of us doesn't eat red meat. No problem- the accommodating chef did himself proud, substituting a turbot fillet for the rabbit. The next course was a fresh pike fillet with a sauce made of nettles served with small disks of squash- again, remarkably good, and one of the best sauces I have tasted. Next was a green rhubarb and ginger ice cream as a palate cleanser, not sweet, and perfectly balanced. Main course was a veal loin with a reduction sauce, tender and delicious! For the no-red-meat guy, chef swapped out the veal with another fish (not sure what) and had another (green) sauce he said was also very good. We skipped the cheese and dessert course (perhaps the last mistake of the night?). We paid 500 DKK/person for the food and had a very nice Valpolicella for 375 DKK.
In all, just a great experience, with the chef and his wife talking to us, but not intruding. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fine dining experience. Worth every penny, and for the quality of the food and attentive service, the best I have had in Denmark.

21  Thank 3cherry
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Ate here on Friday evening and had the best meal, absolutely divine bisque, incredible turbot followed by melt in the mouth wild duck. Beautifully presented, accompanied by delicious wines overall a great meal. It's a small restaurant with a simple interior using beatiful Danish design. All in all a lovely evening a real treat! A place not to be missed when in Copenhagen

17  Thank suzyg52
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Colin can do magic to soups and sauces. The food he creates is not to complicated, but he manages to get forth both the flavours and texture of his ingridienses in a fantastic way.

I have been dining at Colin and his wife Marianne place for my last two birthdays, thinking it is the best present i can give myselfes.

Ill be back next year...

17  Thank Ystavius