“Excellent Experience”
Review of Restaurant Amalie

Restaurant Amalie
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Restaurant Amalie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,598 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed July 15, 2014

A colleague of mine brought me here in April of 2014 for Lunch, it was just excellent, the service was brilliant very friendly and professional and helpful, they had a lunch platter on the menu for two people minimum, my colleague asked if I could have it for one person since I am a Dane who has been living abroad for close to 30 years. yes no problem. after I got the herring served they asked if I wanted more, but first serving was more than plenty. the food was fresh and excellent and the presentation was an updated version of "great old" school danish smørrebrød.
I have a background in F&B and must say I was impressed. I can't forget the ambiance very cozy
you did not want to leave, what a great experience i am going back here in July and bringing my danish family.

2  Thank AmDane

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We enjoyed taking a break from touring with a lunch here. Food was good and service was excellent. Very quaint and was busy but not overly crowded. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice lunch in the area.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a busy meeting in Copenhagen and did not have much time for a lunch break. I called the restaurant, asking if they could serve something quick for us. That was promised. Our group of seven people got the regular menu card and ordered different 'smørrebrød', both warm and cold, and within minutes we were all served! That was impressive, and we were also very satisfied with the food quality, which as far as we could see, were made of genuine, fresh Danish raw materials. The beer is also worth mentioning. It was delivered from the Fur brewery, which has very good beer, only served in some restaurants. They also had a wide selection of aquavits and schnapps, but as we were in a hurry and had to continue our business meeting, we regretfully had to stay away from them. If you visit as a tourist, the location is good, close to the Royal Castle, and not far from Nyhavn, where the more 'touristy' restaurants are.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch after visiting Amaliaborg Castle.
The restaurant is very clean with pleasant surroundings. Each dish on the menu has a recommended beer. I have the plaice which is served with shrimp and my partner had a traditional herring sandwich served with plenty of bread. The owner was extremely pleasant and helpful even getting a map and showing us some sights he recommended. All in all it was a nice way to unwind after sightseeing. By the way, the beer was delicious.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The restaurant is several steps down from street level, located conveniently a hundred yards from the main historical square where the Amalienborg palace. The interior is traditional, space is limited, tables are packed close together. On fine days, there are seats for ten outside on the sidewalk ( in some ways, more pleasant).

The focus here is on lunch. Tourists and Businesspeople can enjoy a traditional herring dish or small shrimp with mayonnaise, accompanied by a Fur beer. A house special, curry salad with herring, is unusual and definitely worth ordering.