“very good and number 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Noma - CLOSED

Noma
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
“very good and number 1”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

the best restaurant in the world is the best restaurant in the wold, the food is amazing the service is sober and the ambience really trendy. we love it

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
“unique experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

while attending conference at copenhagen we had reservations for lunch at N. Having already read some reviews about N. I went there with somehow mixed expectations. However the whole lunch, that took almost 4 hours - 20 dishes was a unique and truly amazing experience. Extremely professional and friendly staff. Every dish was perfection. The organic ingredients, like moss, herbs and even some insects are nicely balanced with the other components of the dishes. Near perfect combination with the accompanying wines. Ask for a quick visit to the kitchen & foodlabaratory!
Made already reservations for the next time.

2 Thank Fred S
San Francisco, California
“When in Copenhagen....”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I'll be honest. I had never heard of this place until my friend made reservations and asked if I wanted to go. Who can turn down a restaurant ranked #1 in the world? I'm not a foodie. I have so many food allergies, I can basically only eat meat, rice and veges. Well, that didn't stop me from having one of the most memorable food experiences of my life. To start off, the staff was incredible. My friends left me to hold down the table as they changed into nicer clothing in the bathroom. I guess no one is allowed to sit alone at NOMA bc I was soon joined by two very friendly staff members who were hilarious and kept me entertained until my friends returned. Each dish we received was explained in detail (I wish I paid better attention bc I've forgotten a lot of the subtle ingredients). Although everything was excellent, I wouldn't say its the type of food that I'd normally crave on an everyday basis. For example, you probably won't hear me say that I'm really craving some fried reindeer moss for dinner. When I got my cc bill months later, I was shocked that the meal really wasn't that expensive. For a #1 ranked restaurant in Copenhagen, this was kind of cheap. Thank you NOMA for a once in a life time experience!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank malea518
Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative. Inventive. And yes, healthy.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The reviewers that are complaining about the food are clearly used to the tricks chefs use to disguise bad technique (butter, cheese, cream sauces). You won't find any sort of tricks here. The food was interesting, unique and out of 25+ courses, only one was so-so. It was amazing. The service was well-orchestrated and the servers were courteous and genuinely seemed delighted to explain the intricacies of the meal to us. Go. It's once in a lifetime and altogether just an incredible food experience.

1 Thank AMFMBellingham
Taipei
“Have the right mindset, then it's excellence is without peers”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Before I had lunch here, just like you guys I read some reviews here and somewhat has some mixed feelings. Some said it's great, some hated it. After my experience (menu + wine pairing), I would say it's not for everyone.

Unlike a traditional 3 star restaurant in Paris, Noma's menu is filled with Nordic greens. If you are someone who loves and craves hearty, fatty games, veal with buttery sauces, this place certainly will not give you satisfaction (not to say this is bad, I personally also enjoy this style too). However if you are prepared for something new, and with an open mind, you will appreciate the innovation and inspiration Noma brings to the table.

BTW, wine pairing is a bit costsy, but trust me, as a wine lover, those DKKs will be well spent. The wine menu consists of smaller domains, not those big named Bordeaux or Burgundy wines, but you will be surprised by the complexity these Loire, Austria whites and German Sparking delivers.

2 Thank Hsu Y