“Amazing! Bucket-list place!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I think I had the best meal of my life at Noma yesterday. What a lunch - simply amazing! This was a feast for every sense: taste, aroma, sight, touch! There were about 20 small courses and each was absolutely delicious and stunning to behold! The chef must have floristry in his background as so many dishes came to the table looking suitable as a bouquet for a loved one! The chefs do much of the serving; they are delightful people and their passion for their craft is infectious! Splash out for the wine pairings - each glass is so well suited for each dish, it's amazing! The meal ends with an interesting tour of the kitchen. What a memorable day - I'll never forget this place and will book a dinner reservation 3 months in advance of my next visit here! Spectacular!

1  Thank mikechi22

Reviewed April 15, 2013

For sure you have to deserve to be seated at this prestigious table by calling at least a few months in advance! The waiting was good and when the D day arrived, you can imagine our joy and enthousiasm. Once you get there, you are surprised by the soberness of the place. No napkin, jus a few tables and a very warm welcome by an olympic kitchen team. We were really pleased by the experiment (we cannot give another name to this) but honestly, I do not know if I would do it again. Too complex, and too many things to eat. I would have prefered 8 to 10 plates but a little bit larger. Anyway, I can say that this is the most dynamic and sympathic team I have ever seen!

1  Thank Marc T
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My partner and I both enjoy good food and after reading about "the best restaurant in the world" we were curious to give it a go. Trying to book a table is as intense as getting tickets to see Beyonce doing a gig in someones living room. The system is fair though. A tweet from chef Redzepi stated that tables for december were going to become available on 10th september at 9.00 am. So waiting to book at 8.55am we tried to get on the website. It was already full of users so we kept refreshing. I just missed out on a table for dinner as I didn't fill out my details quick enough. Sadly had to start the process again but managed to get a table for lunch. Within about 15 minutes the whole month of december was fully booked. You really have to want a table to get one.

But it's totally worth it! The restaurant is very unassuming from the outside, in a converted mill on the dock. A new bridge was being built which would connect it better to the rest of the city. The decor is beautifully understated nordic cool. Warm and inviting but without an air of pretence. In fact, a young couple who were guests of one of the chefs came in jumper and trainers. This made me love it even more. It wasn't about the fine dining experience, it was just about the food. I got the feeling that dinner jackets would have just got in the way of enjoyment.

I could give you a blow by blow account of the 20 courses we were served but they will all have changed with the seasons. Not being a fan of seafood, the fixed menu idea was dangerous so to hide my foodie shame of not eating seafood I feigned an allergy. This was only mentioned once to understand who to serve which course to. Noma is famous for unusual foraged ingredients but we missed out on ants and the like as they must have been 'out of season'. We did however have pureed grasshopper, and for the seafood eater, sea urchin. From the 10 finger food courses and 10 plated dishes we could not fault the taste discovery we were taken on. For every course, the chef who's passion had created it presented it personally to you, explaining what was involved and what to expect. No faux pas questions here, like what part of the dish do i eat?. They were all taken with humour and grace.

I don't drink so it was entirely refreshing to find a juice pairing available with the meal alongside a wine pairing. While they weren't all to my taste they complemented the food perfectly and the apple and douglas fir juice was a revelation.

So we came to the end of the meal about three and a half hours later. Booking for lunch wasn't such a bad thing after all. The food would have been the same anyway. Now the price for a meal and drinks was dizzyingly high. We new it would be high but it was probably best not to try and convert it into home currency. It was totally worth it though. and on leaving we were presented with personal menus to take home. They understand how much this means to people which makes it all the better.

We were in the hall of gastronomic kings but at no point did they make it feel pressured. I would say once in a lifetime but another trip is definitely on the cards.

1  Thank Alastair C
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Some friends and I booked a table at Noma and then arranged a trip to Copenhagen with the highlight being our amazing dinner.

This is definitely one of those once in a lifetime experiences. We ate amazing food and had the wine pairings as well and everything was well presented. The atmosphere in the restaurant is incredible and very relaxed we thought that it would be a little stiff and uncomfortable but it wasn't. All of the staff are very friendly and patient while answering numerous questions talking you through the dishes and generally ensuring that you have a great time.

They also accommodated dietary requirements as I don't eat seafood and I emailed them a few weeks before and they advised that it would not be a problem and it wasn't for any of the seafood dishes I had my own alternative.

All in all an amazing experience that does come at a cost but it is well worth it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Dont want to comment food. I'm a meat pearson, love great steak.. And yes, food is excellent.
But the whole experience is what I will remember, service, great choice of wine, story behind each course, just perfect!
Hope to return soon!