“Undoubtedly one of the very best”
Review of Noma

Noma
Ranked #14 of 2,378 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
London, England
“Undoubtedly one of the very best”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was fortunate enough to get a lunch booking at the acclaimed Noma.
It was far more than I anticipated, the experience was tremendous. Every single course was an adventure. The tastes, the flavours and the visual presentation was marvellous.

I could go on for ages about every one of the 14 courses, but much has already been written on this topic. Needless to say ... Noma deserves the accolade "Best Restaurant in the World"

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank tullidge

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“True to their heritage - amazing food!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband surprised me to an amazing birthday treat - what a wonderful surprise!
I was in tears, having watched the restaurant on master chef it just felt amazing to actually experience it first hand!

The restaurant is beautiful, staff so friendly ... I loved the way the difference chefs came out to explain their dishes ... As a special touch! So creative and mind blowing ... Beautiful concepts and food ... What made it so special is that they are true to their roots and heritage - which has to be admired ... Even though I'm not the best fish eater, I could appreciate the concepts!!!
I have a very sweet tooth so for me, the only let down was the desserts - just not sweet enough for me!

Thank you Noma for a truly memorable experience!!!!

Copenhagen
“amazing things go on here”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

noma will not be to everyones taste. But if you are ready to go on this ride of food that is both playfull and mindfull, not to forget TASTY then get booking already. Out of the several times we have eaten here, 3 times we got a table through the waiting list system, so do book some dates on the list.
Lunch time is to be prefered (servings are the same for lunch and dinner). The wines are to cry for and perfectly balanced to the flavours and textures, so do take the wine menu. Some of my faves are the crispy sandwiches with chicken skin and roe, beef tartar with sorrel, juniper and tarragon, egg in hay.. ohhh and lots I cant remember.
Enjoy yourself here with good friends and loved ones. I find that you get a crazier lovelier experience if you go more than 2 people/ a couple. Ohh and that buttermilk whipped butter aghhhhhhh.
The staff is supberb. The interior and setting is just right. Watch the chefs march in to serve you kind of makes you blush that all these people are jumping around for you.
Basically this place is LOVE.

• Visited November 2012
København
“When food becomes work of art”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Art to me is when you have the same tools/colours/ingredients available and you experience some one els making something from that, which you would not have imagined possible and still finds the way to your soul. Visiting NOMA is so much more than 20 dishes of food - it is an experience that takes you somewhere you have never been before and never will go again.

Some of the dishes are only served for a limitied period and then they are gone forever. We had leaves on one dish that had been in process for almost a year - and then I eat it in a couple of seconds, we had ants and grasshoppers, octopussy ink and it tasted fantastic - all in great harmony and staied true to the Nordics theme...

You have got to have an open mind and allow yourself to be guided through a world where brilliant minds have prepared something special for you. If you are not prepared for that it will be a waste of money.

“Glad we went.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Maybe I over-expected with Noma, but I felt a little underwhelmed. The place is beautiful, the service was great and very informed, and some of the dishes must take literally hours to prepare in full and are presented (on the whole) beautifully. However, of the 24 plates I ate, only 5 really made me think 'WOW'. These were the sea urchin toast, the Reindeer moss, the wild duck & pear, the frozen cod liver with caramelised milk, and the sloe berry with brown cheese dessert.

Some dishes I felt were not of a 1 star level, let alone from the best restaurant in the world. The dried carrot in ash with sorrel was awful.

Jacob, our main server, was fantastic, and they gave us a kitchen tour after the meal which was a nice touch.

The experience is great, but to me, why go to all that effort on the food if the taste doesnt blow you away? Very, very good, but not number 1 on earth - sorry Noma!

2 Thank coolsyds