“Glad we went.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Noma - CLOSED

Noma
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Danish
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
“Glad we went.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Maybe I over-expected with Noma, but I felt a little underwhelmed. The place is beautiful, the service was great and very informed, and some of the dishes must take literally hours to prepare in full and are presented (on the whole) beautifully. However, of the 24 plates I ate, only 5 really made me think 'WOW'. These were the sea urchin toast, the Reindeer moss, the wild duck & pear, the frozen cod liver with caramelised milk, and the sloe berry with brown cheese dessert.

Some dishes I felt were not of a 1 star level, let alone from the best restaurant in the world. The dried carrot in ash with sorrel was awful.

Jacob, our main server, was fantastic, and they gave us a kitchen tour after the meal which was a nice touch.

The experience is great, but to me, why go to all that effort on the food if the taste doesnt blow you away? Very, very good, but not number 1 on earth - sorry Noma!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank coolsyds

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
“Wow! Not to everyone's taste but wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I loved it, I didn't like the taste of all the dishes but I loved the imagination that went into creating each and every one. I won't go into details as I don't want to spoil the experience for others; all I would say is that if you have the chance you should go. The staff are amazing, explain each dish and how you should eat it. On top of this the surroundings give a relax atmosphere, this was just a fantastic experiences

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank UkPeely
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Excelent experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Unique nordic food, perfect service, especially recomended for green lovers.
Great amount of one-bite plates! Great experienced also visiting the restaurant kitchen! hope come back next year..

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deno D
Zagreb, Croatia
“Once in lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don’t understand those Michelin inspectors dragging with spite Noma reputation.
Noma is for couple of years the best restaurant in the World bearing paradox of only two
Michelin stars.
Well it does not need to have pigeon, foie gras and all other French cuisine clichés, it can just be Nordic food and be the best!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ZGtomcat
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

As soon as my mother and I decided to go to Copenhagen, I knew we had to try to get seats at noma. Reservations are released 3 months in advance by month and they tell you what day and what time they will open. We got up at 4am New York time to get on the phone and get on the computer. After 15 minutes we managed to get our reservations by the computer booking system.

I am a foodie, my mother is not. And she wasn't sure that she was going to like the meal that much or find it that exceptional. All I can say is, she can't stop talking about it still!! The restaurant lives up to it's reputation as being "comfortable" in that it's not stuffy. We found the staff to be unerringly helpful and engaging. The tables are far enough apart that you don't feel crowded or that it's too noisy. The seats are comfortable. Everything about the design of the restaurant to the dinnerware is lovely.

We opted not to do the wine flight- neither of us are big wine people so we asked one of our waiters for a recommendation for an inexpensive but good bottle to go with the meal, and it was perfect! Every dish was interesting and fun and the tastes were unusual and intriguing. I can honestly say it was not like any meal I have ever had, and may never have again!!

My biggest suggestion is that we saw at the end of dinner that some people were having kitchen tours. I asked one of the staff if it would be possible for us to have one as well and they did get one of the chef's to give us the tour which was extra amazing and added to the experience. I'm not sure if they will continue to do this, or how many they do, but if you are interested in cooking and restaurants at this level, then finding out about getting the kitchen tour as well is definitely worth it!!

My only regret is that having eaten at noma, all I want to do is eat there again!!!

• Visited September 2012