“A brilliant and fun experience!”
Review of Noma

Noma
Ranked #21 of 2,696 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Its not just about the food! It truly is a fun way to dine, and very interactive. Kitchen staff bring out different courses, explaining them to you, and often lingering for off-topic banter. Each dish is so delicately put together with painstaking care and eye for detail. All ingredients are fresh, unique to scandinavia and some were quite different to anything I've tasted before. The behind-the-scenes tour and introduction to Rene Redzepi topped it off!

1  Thank karmimi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,492)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Finally got a table at Noma. Almost impossible to get a table, so the trick is get together with10-15 people (e.g. Colleagues). Then you can always book their private room. Don't need to wait.

The food is definately the most create dishes we have ever had, and we have dined in many Michelin restaurants. The atmosphere, staff, food, drinks is all top notch. However, this is supposed to be the best and I must say I was left a bit disappointed because in many of the dishes the flavour was lacking. For #1 in the world, you would expect an explosion of flavours.

Still, I would recommend everyone to visit Noma. It is worth it.

3  Thank Maydane
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was there just for lunch i mean copenhagen so it was airport Noma Airport , didn't know the set took 3 hrs and i have 2 get back in airport in 2hrs , anyway all i can say go there and discover by yourself why this restaurants in #1 in the world!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My colleague and I arrived at Noma in time to have a cigarette outside. We enjoyed the view of the reflection of light in the water from Nyhavn’s bars and restaurants before we went inside. The restaurant’s appearance was rustic and rather neutral, yet with incorporated elegance.

Briefly after we sat down, we were offered an aperitif of our own choice, we agreed on champagne. Quickly, the waiter brought a selection of 4 champagnes presented together in a rustic display consisting of metal wire mesh. Each champagne was presented to us with regard to grape, producer and local history. We each chose a champagne, and our glasses were filled up when needed.

While consuming the aperitif, we had 3 different appetisers, each a gift from the gods of taste. Small and unusually tasty compositions of Danish ingredients. They consisted of 1-2 bites each. Each time I took a bite, it was like fireworks of different taste nuances that harmoniously found and surprised my taste buds. The composition of ingredients, together and separately, were very considered and composed, for the sole purpose of conjuring up an amazing taste experience.

We were presented with the menu, and the menu possibilities were briefly explained to us. We quickly agreed on a 7-course menu with matching wine, selected by Noma’s sommelier.
Obviously, all menus were accompanied by 2 kinds of homemade bread, wheat and spelt, which matching spread. A homemade butter as well as an incredibly addictive lard with secret ingredients.
All our courses were amazing culinary wonders of artistic expression, as well as connupias of gastronomical experiences. All our courses were served with impeccable presentation of the selected wine for the course. Food, service and atmosphere did not leave anything to be desired on the journey into the core of the complete restaurant experience.

After a food experience without comparison, we had our coffee in the lounge. Our waiters, who were anxious to please, followed us at an appropriate distance and offered that we could taste ”something special” with our coffee.

It turned out that this was not something traditional, but a large selection of personally selected cognacs and liqueurs. Some of them even created specifically by Noma. Even I, who do not usually like “strong” drinks with my coffee, was surprised by a very delicious 50-year-old cognac, from a producer that I was not familiar with.

As my good ”Spanish” friend Jesper would have said: ”Absolutamente sobresaliente”.

8  Thank fublife
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After hounding Noma for six months our friend was able to get us a dinner reservation there last May. The set menu was accommodating since my wife was pregnant and had many dietary requirements. Three of us had the wine tasting which worked very well with the meal and my wife had a non alcoholic drinks tasting with the food. It was the best juices / virgin drinks she has ever had. Having eaten in most of the top restaurants around the world a comparison was a must. Although the food was as inventive as I have ever had (El Bulli, Fat Duck, Astrance), The experience as fulfilling as it was didn't match my top 3 or 4 experiences. The service was not up to par. There were a few instances that we waited a little too long for the next dish. Although all the dishes up to the desert were magnificent, the ending with the deserts was a slight downer. It was good but nothing spectacular and I love my deserts. Over all I highly recommend Noma.

2  Thank Buddakhan