“Outstanding in every way”
Review of Noma

Noma
Ranked #28 of 2,941 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christianshavn
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I could very quickly run out of superlatives attempting to describe our meal experience at Noma! For me, it was quite simply the best meal I have ever eaten.

I don't intend to go through the meal course by course - there are enough earlier reviews that cover many of the dishes we ate - but wanted to say that the food had the quality of stimulating the appetite and then satisfying it, without that over-stuffed feeling that many top-class restaurant meals can provoke. If you like a lot of cream and sugar in your food you might be disappointed, but if you like intense flavours that are fresh and original, you'll be as delighted as I was. I really enjoyed that I couldn't quite guess how the first bite of any dish would taste. Some sounded bizzare to my ears but there were none that I didn't really enjoy eating (perhaps with the exception of the infamous live shrimp course - for me, the flavour got lost in the adrenalin/scary feel but it was certainly quite an experience!)

The service was outstanding - it really felt that staff tried their very best to tailor the experience to you and they were happy to adjust to suit you (for example - I didn't want the full wine pairing, but they gave me glasses of wine at the points I felt I wanted one.)

The meal is expensive by UK prices, but actually not too bad by local standards - I saw plenty of other places in Copenhagen where one could easily spend as much.

All in all, it was a fabulous experience that I would recommend to anyone else lucky enough to be able to secure a reservation.

Date of visit: November 2011
1  Thank rovingruby
Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is a once in a liftetime experience, if you get the opportunity - visit!

Date of visit: October 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Amazing meal. Amazing experience.
Staff - wonderful. The chef who created the dish serves it and explains every part. We were greeted by Rene too.
Food - wow! You really must try the juice menu with your meal! See the pics.
Go there now!!!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I went to Noma more than a year a go and had been thinking about thi review. Well, you don't come to Noma just for dinner, you will get diasaoponted. Coming here was an experience from start to end. We were 5, and one of us would have rather have eaten a nice steak, but the rest if us had a great time.
We ate radish with eatable earth, Tartar eaten with the hands, Viking style, duck variation with filet, heart, and tong, risky , a lobster plate my favorite and then 2 desserts plus a mix of starters to begin. Nice mixture of textures without being el bulli style, the food was essential, not the textures. The wine we took some fantastic bourgone wines and the bill, well it is the number 1 place in the world, is cheaper then fliying 1st class to NY and many other luxuries. I think it is a fair price but it is not easy to repeat it. Think about 400 US $ p p. So in resume it was a very nice experience and the service was top.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Simply brilliant, and I mean brilliant. On every front : quality of food & drink, service, the ambience. Everything. Thank you for a truly wonderful experience.

Date of visit: October 2011