“Worst stay ever. AVOID!”

ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel
Ranked #100 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
Stockholm, Sweden
“Worst stay ever. AVOID!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Don't know where to start, it was just too many flaws with Richmond Copenhagen. (Stayed there on the 18th of June '14)
1. Dirty and old room. Mold in the shower. The dirtiest carpeted floor ever. I put on socks to walk from the shower to bed..
2. Bad bad bad service. Asked the receptionist to order a taxi during check out. He told me it should take 5 minutes, so after 5 minutes I asked where it was he convinced me it would come and also called the taxi company to check that the reservation was valid. This continued w 5 min intervals for 30 main. Then I realised that he only had tried one company (which obviously was busy) and not another due to that being "complicated for me since I would need to cancel old orders".. It was about 10 people in the reception that waited like me. But he obviously cared more about himself than his guests. I googled another company, called it and sat in that taxi 5 main later.
3. Disgusting hotel breakfast. I picked the items that looked least bad and I am happy to be alive..
4. Bad WiFi. No sound isolation what so ever. No air con.
5. Its not that cheap at 1000 DKK, I realize I should not expect 5 star quality, but this was just baaaad value.

The list goes on and on (after one night).
I would not want my worst enemy to stay here.

2 Thank JoelOdl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mevasseret Zion, Israel
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

A really ok hotel. Nice people in reception. Rooms r small , very basic but ok. 15 min walk from center. Good breakfast. So... Serves u well without fancy stuff. Also, if u need umbrella or bicycle - they got it.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Idit M
Borlange, Sweden
Reviewed June 17, 2014

yea the services what OK though i needed to extend some days more but i was not given the chance, but services was very good and environment was great, the position was ina great location only that there could have been more services like external services like tracking location for social activities like clubing and other things

Room Tip: it was a great room though smaller than i thought and it was extremly hot but all facilities was gre...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Sevenoaks
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night on 3 June as a base for sight-seeing. This is a basic, economy hotel, well-situated near the centre of town. The room I occupied was small and sparsely furnished but very clean and adequate for a one-night stay. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent but take it early rather than late, as service after around 9.30 a.m. tails off.
The hotel appeared to be under-staffed, particularly at Reception where, on one occasion, I was asked to come back later as the Receptionist was "busy." She later told me that the manager had failed to provide support for her at a busy time.
Also, online details of this hotel stated that tea and coffee-making facilities were available in each room. This was not the case and on taking the matter up with the owners, Gala Hotels, I was told that before booking my room, I should have checked with the hotel direct, that such facilities were, in fact, available. Not very impressive, leaving me with the impression that no-one had bothered to ensure that the hotel description was accurate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room a the back of the hotel. Also, this is one of the cheapest 3-star hotels in the centr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Terrible. Bedrooms really bad - no soundproofing so noisy, inadequate blackout blinds, no aircon or fan. Only 3 hangers. Small shower with huge clumsy controls. Clingy shower curtain. You can do better, keep looking.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel,
1 Thank Simon D

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

SoCal
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We are budget travelers, generally content with two-star accommodations. This time we decided to take it up a notch and ... WOW.
We arrived around 1700 in a light rain. When we stepped off the street into the lobby we were next in line at reception. After a couple minutes a very gracious man walked up from behind and greeted us, telling us that it would a moment more, and thanked us for our patience. He then politely inquired about our travels, making us feel SO welcome. A class act.
When it was our trun, "Rie" processed our reservation in a warm and professional manner.
Our room was on the 5th floor with a view of the street and a peek of Tivoli a couple blocks away. The room was easily TWICE the size of most rooms we've stayed in in Europe, spotless and tastefully furnished. The beds were very comfortable and LONG (being 5' 17", I notice these things). Our plans did not include breakfast (early flight) so we can't comment on that.
Convenient location, walking distance from a couple different stations, easy to find. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We've stayed at other places in Copenhagen, but why pay more? Stay at Richmond.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BGrossSoCal
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I found this hotel to be quite convenient. It is only a short walk to Tivoli (5 min), the Metro(10 min), or the Glyptotek. We walked to most places in the city from this hotel, but I like to walk. I stayed in 614, my room was cleaned well every day and was comfortable. The bathroom facilities were good except the water pressure was somewhat low. Room a little stuffy when door leading to balcony was closed, but if you slept with it slightly ajar with the safety lever in place you could hear the sounds of the city waking up, trains, some car noise, etc. It didn't bother me too much as I am an early riser, but street noise may bother some. Breakfast was adequate. Cold cheeses, meats, juice, coffee, good danish, good fruit salad, and some hot eggs & bacon. I stopped at the front desk approx 4 times during my stay and was helped by a friendly staff member with my request each time. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it. Nothing fancy or extraordinary, but good facility especially if you are there to explore Copenhagen. Wouldn't recommend it for those looking for lots of amenities.

Room Tip: if sensitive to morning noises, choose room away from street. I saw the fireworks at Tivoli from my...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo