“Great Location”

ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel
Ranked #99 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was spotless and very well maintained - small but nicely appointed. The hotel is located very closely to Tivoli Gardens and down town, so there's no need to use any sort of transportation other than your own two feet. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast menu was excellent. In short, this hotel is great value for your money and you definitely won't go wrong should you choose to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2013

the only good thing i can say about this hotel is that its well located for tivoli and centre,
the rooms are small and hot even tho it was only 18 degs outside and NO air-conditioning, but as its on the very busy main road opening the window just makes the already noisy room even noisier.with the exception of one nice chap the staff were unhelpful and rude. this has to be one of the worst hotels i have had the misfortune of staying in. DON'T DO IT...!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My room is fine, breakfast is fine, location fine, but the Wifi has been flaky since I got here. Connecting takes multiple tries, and even when I succeed in connecting, the service keeps getting dropped for a little while and then picked up again. (I keep Network Diagnostics (Mac OS X) open to see what's happening, and ISP, Internet, Server will drop out and then return 10- 600 seconds later, fairly regularly.) It might be a capacity issue, but is more likely a configuration problem. It may behave better with other machines than mine ( a late model Mac.)

The service recognizes that I have already logged into their server, but does nothing more than tell me that, over and over, claiming I can 'surf the internet' while not allowing me to do it. Some method of logging out and restarting, or something like that, is needed. I can eventually get a fairly stable connection but it can take 10-20 minutes, which doesn't make sense in 2013. It may be time for them to hire a new provider. I get a good connection by turning my wifi off and back on, then off and back on, until I get a minimally workable connection. This shouldn't be necessary.

Fortunately I have good connectivity during the day through the university, but if I were just visiting, not here to work, I might be pretty annoyed. Well, maybe I am a little annoyed anyway.

Staff has tried to be helpful, but was ineffective in improving things.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked a room from Expedia for 2 nights.

We got a room on the 5th floor, facing the Farimagsgade road. It was noisy and I was woken up by the noise from the road and the train. In addition, my allergy reaction became very bad. I kept sneezing and coughing once I was in the room. When I moved my body from the left to the right, my sneezing was even worst. In the day time, I realize that the duvet cover (or may be the comforter itself) was very dusty (I can see it from the air once I padded on it). I am certain that my allergy reaction was due to the dust from the comforter (or the duvet cover).

The washroom and shower is something I really don't like. Good that I brought a scandal with us. Otherwise, it will be quite inconvenient for you since you really don't want to step on the dirty carpet.

So, me and my husband really didn't sleep for 2 nights and we were so tired once we were on board to our cruise ship.

Only thing I would like for this hotel is the breakfast. Very healthy food with good variety of selection.

The front desk staff was polite!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ComeFromOttawa
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have very opposing comments regarding this hotel, so I will start with the positives and end with negatives. I stayed here twice, and my family stayed as well in separate rooms.

Positives:
-the man at the front desk who works the afternoon to 10pm shift was just incredible. I don't know his name, but he needs to be commended on so many levels. He was the most helpful person I've ever encountered at a hotel from helping us get a rental car, to helping us return it when the rental car agency had already closed. He was also super responsive, got ice for us whenever we asked, etc. I wish I could personally recommend him for promotions and jobs because he is so insanely good at what he does. I can't say enough good about him! In case a manager is reading this, I believe my mom mentioned he was in the military and served at Fredensborg palace. Hopefully this helps identify him. :) If I wrote this review solely on his service, I would give the hotel a 10. They definitely scored when they hired him.
-the breakfast is AMAZING. The spread is great and the danishes are delicious, as are the rolls, fruit, etc. The eggs are soft boiled which threw me off, but I just had scrambled eggs after discovering the soft boiled eggs were too soft for my liking, and they were delicious. They also had delicious cheese. Definitely a good spread for everybody to enjoy and fill up on.
-this positive goes along with the negatives, but we were upgraded to the suite for the last night at the hotel, by the same gentleman I raved about above. I will describe why below, but he didn't need to do that, and we definitely appreciated it after our experience in the room we got moved out of!

Negatives:
-It really is very noisy on the street side with the windows open and it was too hot in Copenhagen July 2013 for us not to leave them open. If you ask for a room at the back, it is much quieter, but the balcony extends along all the rooms with absolutely no dividers so you can't really leave the door open overnight for fear of someone coming in to your room to steal things - while highly unlikely, I am too paranoid to risk it.
-Given how hot it was, a fan in every room would have been nice, but it was very sporadic how the rooms had them. We discovered both of our parents had fans in their rooms but we did not in either of the rooms we were assigned. The second stay the aforementioned amazing front desk man did find one for us, which was great.
-No problems at all with our first room, and our parents had rooms near our 2nd room which were fine, but we got a major dud. When we first walked in, I noticed the bathroom floor was completely wet, which is not unlikely in this hotel given that the shower isn't sectioned off with anything more than a curtain (and not a big deal to me), but thought it odd that the bathroom would have been left wet by housekeeping. Soon after, I took off my shoes and walked to our door, at which point I discovered the carpet was soaked. The room also had a slight moldy smell, but nothing too overwhelming. My boyfriend wound up sneezing all day following the night in this room, which I attribute to his being allergic to mold. (I suffered at the front of the hotel as apparently I'm more allergic to pollution/dust from the street than mold!) When I reported the wet carpet & leaky shower head (why the floor was wet) to the excellent front desk man, he said he could move us but only to another floor. We were next to and across from our parents so I told him we would just stick it out since it was only 2 nights. I then later found out that we couldn't even shower in this room because the drain was clogged, which would explain why the carpet was soaking. We each showered in our respective parents' rooms, which worked 100% fine. The following day we returned after being out from 10am - 7:30pm to the WORST SMELL ever. The mold had really set in, the door to the balcony was only cracked open for safety reasons, and it was just unbelievable how bad it smelled. I sat down in there to start looking through pictures from our day out and after 20-30 minutes had a headache. I was in disbelief that housekeeping hadn't reported this. The smell was so bad, that my parents across the hall opened their door and asked what it was. It was like an animal had died... or like mold had been growing in a steamy hot room with a wet carpet during an exceptionally hot Copenhagen day. So I went to the front desk desperate to switch rooms at that point as I knew we'd be sick if we stayed in there a 2nd night... at that point the excellent front desk man moved us to the suite.

All in all, given the price compared to other hotels in the same area, I would probably stay again - out of 6 rooms, only 1 was atrocious which is really not bad odds. However, just go in aware that it's an older hotel and as such you might encounter a very problematic room, but they will definitely work with you to get you in a better room that's acceptable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joy_loves_traveling
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are looking for a decent location to the city center and public transit at an affordable price, then this might be the place for you. Don't expect much in terms of luxury. Better yet, don't have any expectations and you might not be disappointed. This hotel will provide you a comfortable place to lay your head for the night with no bells and whistles. The staff is friendly and are trilingual at the very least.

Room Tip: The small single rooms are exactly that... enough room for 1 person. If you've ever been on a cr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from weekend staying here. For the price (about £80 for 2 nights) it was brilliant! The location is probably the best thing about it.everything you need is within walking distance.breakfast was included and had a great selection and also served to 10:30 which was good for our party.Copenhagen is probably one of the most expensive cities I've ever been to so make the most of the breakfast!! The rooms are basic but clean and roomy and ours had a balcony too which was nice. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Overall a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank janeywoo83
Frederik M, Manager at ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear janeywoo83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Your review really highlights our core values. So thank you for that!

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I wish you a great summer.

Warm regards,