“a very clean, good deal”

ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel
Ranked #100 of 116 Hotels in Copenhagen
BC
“a very clean, good deal”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed in Copenhagen before our Baltic cruise, and I booked the Richmond through hotelsdenmark.com. It was much more reasonable than others in the centre of the city, and turned out to be very pleasant and comfortable. The room was a junior suite, for the price of a standard room, with dazzling white duvets and a large terrace. It was very quiet, on a courtyard.

Too bad that the weather was cold and windy, but we walked all over the historic city centre (one block to the City Hall, 2 to Tivoli, about 10 to the Royal Palace..).
The breakfast was vast and wonderful, and included in the price. We were annoyed at another hotel, on the return, where a more ordinary breakfast cost $25.00 each.
We will go back to the Richmond.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank maureenconn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brunnen, Switzerland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Don't go to this place. An example. If you call front desk to get fresh towels because housekeeping forgot to supply them, they ask you to come down in the reception yourself! They "do not have staff for any service unfortunately". I would not be surprised if the one day ask you to clean your room yourself too.

So stay away!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mouritsenbrunnen

Travelers are raving about these Copenhagen hotels

Sweden
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great location, a few minutes walk fron the train station and Tivoli and a short walk to the pubs and resurants in the city !
Staff were friendy and spoke exellent English.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the free wireless internet worked fine, no fridge in the room but drinks are available in the reception area. The only negative points were that bathroom floor stayed soaking wet for ages after taking a shower and we could never quite figure the light switches out !
Breakfast was very good and kept me going for most of the day !
I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a central location for a decent price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timmot
Gurgaon
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I think this hotel is actually very good - great location (walking distance from City Square, Tivoli, and Main Station), great price (relatively), excellent staff (the people at reception were very well spoken and courteous), good breakfast room (spacious, nice choice in breakfast, etc.), clean rooms, comfortable bed, fast internet access.

I would give it a better rating overall, but I had a bad room. Here's what happened:
As I was getting ready in the morning for a meeting, I turned on the water to shave, brush my teeth, etc. After I was finished doing all this, I noticed that the shower area was full of water - dirty water. What had happened was that the water that was going out in the wash basin had come back up the shower drain to flood the shower area.

I had to start my day without a shower. This was room 623. If you are visiting this hotel, make sure that you don't take that room (I had a colleague stay in the hotel at the same time and his room was fine).

BTW, the candy on the reception was delicious (mint chocolate, my favorite).

Room Tip: Check your shower to ensure there are no blockages in the drain. And the rooms on the backside (wher...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is located close to the central station in Copenhagen. Upon our arrival I was advised that check in is available at noon. We came back at noon just to be told that due to the fire alarm check our room will not be available for another 45 minutes (wonder why the same person could not mention it straight away first time round). Not good news as we have been up and running since early morning and we were not impressed by this delay. On a good note, we were able to leave our luggage in a store room upon arrival. I was not impressed with the receiptionist, which could be more welcoming. Room was nice and quite large, beds were comfortable and eventhough this hotel is located on a busy street noise was not an issue. Buffet style breakfast was included, and selection was satisfactory. Internet connection was free of charge, and quite fast. Overall this hotel wasn't neither great nor bad, but maybe there might be something better out there, so keep looking!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Booked this hotel based on previous reviews in Trip Advisor. Wanted a central location, a reasonable price, but a quality experience. The hotel met these needs. I stayed four nights and enjoyed three breakfasts. The breakfast was as good as advertised. On the other hand, it really did not differ one day from the next. If you are looking for quality and not a new experience on a daily basis, their breakfast which comes with the room rate will meet your needs.
My room was small by American standards, but it was what I expected. The private bath also was very small with no tub. This could have been a problem with more than one traveler in the room as the floor remained wet much beyond the shower. The bed and room temperature were very comfortable. The room was also quiet with the only significant noise coming from the room next to mine. I did not hear outside noise, but my room backed up to a courtyard. The directions provided by the website to the hotel were confusing and could have been much simpler. I would recommend the hotel for its location, very courteous staff, and that it met my expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Zagreb
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This is an affordable hotel which I used during two Denmark EU presidency events. It is a basic hotel, with basic amenities. I don't remember seeing a minibar, but a nicely-sized LCD TV was there. The shower shares the flooring with the sink, so make sure to do all your sink needs before you take a shower unless you wish to stand in water. Absurdly enough, during one of the stays my shower head was nearing the end of its life, so it seems some of the smaller things in the hotel need replacing (I didn't find this a problem so I don't know whether they would have replaced it if I had asked). The room has a carpet, which some pricier hotels do not, so that's a nice thing. You can get some of the minibar things in the lobby, there are two freezers there - the prices are Danish, so high.

Overall, it's a solid business person hotel. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have returned. Just don't expect a lot from your stay. The overall score is high because of the hotel's ridiculously amazing location and the low prices compared to the location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business